The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-25-2018, 05:13 AM

I just flipped a Line6 M5, which sounded absolutely great on whatever I used it on (bass, electric and acoustic guitar) and got dedicated chorus (MXR M234) and delay (Boss DD-7) pedals. I do use a multi (Zoom MS50G), but as a preamp for guitar (patch: ambiance, comp, exciter, noise gate), never for effects.

I found that whatever cycling was required to navigate through effects patches on multis was too much of a hassle. I don't use effect much and like to keep things simple when I do.
Boss AD-10 (on trial)
Old 04-25-2018, 01:48 PM
Charter Member

I've used at least two dozen different effects pedals over the decades.

The TC Electronics M3000 was undoubtedly the best device for effects! I found myself sometimes spending hours just surfing through the infinite possible soundscapes......

Now I use a TC Electronics reverb pedal and the ToneDexter. The ToneDexter more faithfully reproduces the natural tone of the guitar far better than any other device that I have used.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:24 PM

I use a Zoom G3. Haven't been able to try everything in the multi-FX world, but zero complaints on this one. I use probably 5% of all the effects it has -- delay, chorus reverb, a little distortion sometimes. But very simple to use and very easily fine-tuned.... Also a Boomerang III looper, for the record...

Debut album Time Will Tell now available on all the usual platforms
-- visit SeanLewisMusic
Old 04-25-2018, 04:41 PM

I am using the Tech 21 Acoustic Fly Rig these last 6 months. It covers all the bases, is very compact, and has knobs to adjust everything on the fly. It is 0% programmable. I like knobs!
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification