The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-18-2018, 02:22 PM

Default Amplifi TT and FBV 3 floor pedal

Does anyone have experience of using either of these items..?

I'm thinking about trying this setup with my Bose L1 system.

It's advertised as being suitable for connection to a home hi-fi so I reckon it should go just fine with the Bose.

With the FBV footpedal you can switch between 100 presets, having first programmed them a tablet or phone and that looks to be fairly easy to do.

I use currently use an acoustic and electric guitar in my band and it's a bit of a pain changing between the two. The acoustic goes straight to the Bose and I use a TC Helicon Play GTX for the electric. I don't want to go down the guitar amp route.

By using the Amplifi TT I could have presets for both guitars in one unit AND have a foot controller to change patches.

Am I asking too much from this setup...?

Graham
Old 04-18-2018, 03:23 PM

It could work, but I almost wonder if it would be easier to get the HD500X instead.

It's about the same size, has the newer switches like the FBV3, and you can plug both instruments into the same unit simultaneously. If your electric signal chain isn't super complex, you could even run parallel chains in the HD500X and not have to switch patches. You'd probably be paying a similar amount for it, and it cuts you down to one unit instead of two separate ones.
Old 04-23-2018, 02:16 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I had looked briefly at this unit but was put off by the complexity of it. I've had experience of buying units thinking that I'll get my head round the technology and realise it's full potential, only to discover that it's way beyond my capabilities...!!

I know you often only get what you put in, but the simplicity of the TT is what attracts me.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:14 AM

I had an amplifi desktop unit a couple years ago, but the sound quality is meh. No HD amp models, and it was really laggy. Didn't like it at all.

I think if I was in your shoes, I'd get a Boss Katana, or possibly the Atomic Ampli Firebox. No acoustic on the Atomic, which is why I'd go Katana. I played on the Katana this weekend and was floored at the electric tone, and that's coming from a boutique amp snob!
Old 04-24-2018, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the Katana suggestion, I wasn't familiar with that name until now.

I've taken a look, which model were you thinking of..?
Old 04-25-2018, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
Thanks for the Katana suggestion, I wasn't familiar with that name until now.

I've taken a look, which model were you thinking of..?

I want the 100, but I’d imagine the 50 would be plenty.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:46 PM

OK thanks for offering that one up, but I don't want a guitar amp, I'm keen to explore the modelling world...!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
amplifi tt