The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-14-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdinterman View Post
ALL CAPS!!!!
They're doing well and given they won it all last year after numerous underachieving post seasons they shouldn't have that pressure this year.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:22 PM

Kadri got suspended for the remainder of the first round. So, 3-5 games depending upon how long the series goes. Thinking Toronto will look to trade him before the trade deadline next season if they lose against Boston.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:53 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Boston won today and Kadri may be suspended for another playoff series.
Time for Babcock to show his magic
Old 04-15-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Time for Babcock to show his magic
I hope not (although I am a Babcock fan)! Scoreless after 1 period.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:44 PM

Columbus sweeps Tampa Bay!!! That has to be one of the biggest upsets in the big four team sports history (NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL). There may have been bigger upsets but sweeps? I lived in Columbus for a few years including their inaugural season so I'm glad they won.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:32 AM

Thumbs up

Isles!!!! BlueJackets!!!!! What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is a goin' on?
Old 04-17-2019, 03:25 PM

What an incredibly unpredictable playoffs. Can't believe how easily the Bolts when out. Not as surprised that the Isles beat the aging Pens. Looks likely Vegas will dump the Sharks, and my Flames are in big trouble if they don't win tonight, vs. the Avs. The other series don`t surprise me as much - pulling for Winnipeg, as I want a Canadian team in the final, whether it be my Flames, or the Jets. Canada needs this. But I wouldn't count the 'Canes out, versus the Caps. Great time of the year, for hockey fans. GO FLAMES!!

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 04-17-2019, 03:51 PM
Charter Member

Sharks fan here. Hoping they can pull off the comeback but the knights seem to always have a response for them after Game 1. I just hope we don't allow a goal in the first minute of Game 5!
Old 04-17-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Isles!!!! BlueJackets!!!!! What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is a goin' on?
A commentator was stating "what were the betting odds that both of these teams would get swept". Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
What an incredibly unpredictable playoffs. Can't believe how easily the Bolts when out. Not as surprised that the Isles beat the aging Pens. Looks likely Vegas will dump the Sharks, and my Flames are in big trouble if they don't win tonight, vs. the Avs. The other series don`t surprise me as much - pulling for Winnipeg, as I want a Canadian team in the final, whether it be my Flames, or the Jets. Canada needs this. But I wouldn't count the 'Canes out, versus the Caps. Great time of the year, for hockey fans. GO FLAMES!!
Same here, I'd like to see a Canadian team in there as long as long as it doesn't mean the Bruins don't make it. So Go Flames and Go Jets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlesschorus View Post
Sharks fan here. Hoping they can pull off the comeback but the knights seem to always have a response for them after Game 1. I just hope we don't allow a goal in the first minute of Game 5!
My buddy is a Sharks fan and every post season is a disappointment. Great regular seasons and then very little in the playoffs. Hard to believe Vegas is doing it again in the playoffs.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

Avs are surprising me, all of a sudden MacKinnon and Rantanen are playing like they did in the first 10 games of the season. Makar scores on his first NHL shot, fun times.

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 04-18-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I'm not surprised the Pens didn't progress, but I was hoping that they wouldn't have gotten swept. Big changes are coming in Pittsburgh - but it's not going to be just about age. Crosby is still the best player in the game right now IMO. Murray is still young but despite having on two cups in his first two years in the big leagues he's proven to be streaky. I wouldn't be surprised if Rutherford cuts Sullivan loose and they shop Phil Kessel, Chris Le Tang and Ollie Maata. Simone has been a disappointment and Hornqvist has not been the same players since this last concussion.

I guess I gotta pull for Columbus. I feel this is Tortorella's year.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
I'm not surprised the Pens didn't progress, but I was hoping that they wouldn't have gotten swept. Big changes are coming in Pittsburgh - but it's not going to be just about age. Crosby is still the best player in the game right now IMO. Murray is still young but despite having on two cups in his first two years in the big leagues he's proven to be streaky. I wouldn't be surprised if Rutherford cuts Sullivan loose and they shop Phil Kessel, Chris Le Tang and Ollie Maata. Simone has been a disappointment and Hornqvist has not been the same players since this last concussion.

I agree w/your assessment of the Pens. As for my Flames, they are not yet built for the playoffs. Unless they execute a miraculous turnaround, they could be done, in Game 5. The Avs have shut down our scoring lines. Simple as that. We can't score. Game 4 was a good one, for the Flames, but they still lost in OT. I see some changes in Calgary, as well - albeit "tweaks". We are chock-full of defencemen. A few (Brodie being the most obvious) will be "shopped". The James Neal signing is the worst I've seen here - can't remember one worse, even the Brouwer signing. How to cut loose Neal. Then, we have to sign Tkachuk, Bennett, Rittich, Hathaway... A lot will happen, for the Flames, on draft day, regardless of what happens vs the Avs. Still, we have the right coaching staff, and remain "oh, so close".

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Old 04-19-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Avs are surprising me, all of a sudden MacKinnon and Rantanen are playing like they did in the first 10 games of the season. Makar scores on his first NHL shot, fun times.
Makar's a Calgary kid. Chose the AJHL, over the "W", so he could go to university. He'll be an elite-level d-man, very soon.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Old 04-19-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post

You're right about Murray being streaky. He hit a hot streak when we won the Cup a couple of years ago (fortunately). I'd move Kessel if I could but he has such a big contract. Not sure how much left on it though.

I was taking the airport shuttle to my car tonight at the Halifax airport and the driver and I talked hockey and Crosby, Marchand, and McKinnon, who are all from here. He heard lots of stories about Crosby firsthand and 'what you see is what you get' meaning that he's kind, considerate, helps out the kids, etc. Class act.

Boston lost tonight! Behind 3-2 to Toronto
Old 04-20-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Makar's a Calgary kid. Chose the AJHL, over the "W", so he could go to university. He'll be an elite-level d-man, very soon.
What happened to the Flames? Wow, first time in NHL history that the two conference champions were both ousted in the first round. One win in the first round combined for those two teams.

What's the news like in Calgary? Anything specific about the Flames' play or was it mostly Colorado playing great and lucky bounces in OT? Shame, they had Canada's best chance to make the Cup Final.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic