The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-17-2015, 07:45 PM

thanks Irish
i'll assume the play electric works the same way.
i still have the feeling that i would find this a little unintuitive as i did the G natural when i tried it out some years back.
i am kind of hoping for a one trick pony for situations that make it hard for me to bring out my whole pedalboard
Old 03-18-2015, 04:14 AM

Robert,

Echoing earlier comments, you can set up the external three button switch to control looping functions independent of the main unit. Here is a bit of text on this from the manual:

Loop Mode setting
With the Loop Mode setting, the three foot-switches on a Switch-3 will control loop functions:
► Button 1 activates Record / Play / Overdub.
► Button 2 stops recording/playback and can be used to erase the loop (by holding).
► Button 3 is used for Undo.

I hope this is helpful.

Don
Old 06-15-2017, 04:02 AM

I can not get enough volume output when I connect Play Acoustic directly from XLR output(s) to powered speaker.When I connect Play Acoustic through headphone out directly to powered speaker into 1/4 jack (same input),everything is loud, clear and perfect.
Speaker is Alto TS110A powered speaker.
I tried everything in set up outputs level of Play Acoustic,but nothing happens.
Please,can you tell me,what do you think,where is problem and why?
Old 06-15-2017, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godin View Post
I can not get enough volume output when I connect Play Acoustic directly from XLR output(s) to powered speaker.When I connect Play Acoustic through headphone out directly to powered speaker into 1/4 jack (same input),everything is loud, clear and perfect.
Speaker is Alto TS110A powered speaker.
I tried everything in set up outputs level of Play Acoustic,but nothing happens.
Please,can you tell me,what do you think,where is problem and why?
Check the settings in the "Mix" menu.

Also, check that the XLR outputs are configured for guitar and voice on seperate channels - second screen of the "setup" menu.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Check the settings in the "Mix" menu.

Also, check that the XLR outputs are configured for guitar and voice on seperate channels - second screen of the "setup" menu.
Voice/Guitar is set on set up menu.Output levels are ok.When I move output level up to high,still not enough gain.
When I connect Play Acoustic through Yamaha mixer,again is everything OK.
Big problem with output volume is only when I go directly to the powered speaker through Voice/Guitar XLR outputs.I tried everything ...
Old 06-11-2019, 05:38 AM

Default Donald Duck preset

Is there a preset for something similar to this? I need it for a line in "One Eyed Flyin Purple People Eater" for nursing home....
Old 06-19-2019, 08:29 PM

Default northern ohio

i just wondered if anyone close to me used "play acoustic". i can read manuals all day, i need someone to show me. not tech savvy
Old 06-19-2019, 08:38 PM

The Perform VG might be a better choice for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilken View Post
i just wondered if anyone close to me used "play acoustic". i can read manuals all day, i need someone to show me. not tech savvy
Old 06-19-2019, 09:17 PM

Default yea

probably, but i already have the play acoustic which was a big expense for me
Old 06-19-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
There is a very easy to follow series of Play Acoustic tutorials on YouTube. Here is the first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhDPZebbwM

NOTE: All subsequent tutorials in the series uses screen close ups of the unit/buttons as he's going through the settings; it's the next best thing to having someone show you in person.

Also worth noting that the unit has a very intuitive design UI. It's not a matter of needing to be tech-savvy, it's just a matter of applying yourself and a bit of time to learning it hand-on, which you can in the space of two hours. By then, you would have not just the basics but EVERYTHING covered.

The only thing I didn't like about the unit was the looper, which, without an external pedal, is a PITA. With the additional 3-way switch (which I bought), it's totally usable as a looper. I'm sure the 6-way switch makes things even easier/slicker.

Bottom line, anyone can learn how to use every aspect of the unit quite quickly and easily, and once you do, you'll realize that all that initial 'intimidation' was really just another way of saying "I can't be arsed to spend time learning this".
Old 06-20-2019, 07:41 AM

read the manual....there's really no shortcuts with this thing. You could just pick a few presets and go with that.
And yes....watch the tutorials on TC Helicon's Youtube page.

Quote:
probably, but i already have the play acoustic which was a big expense for me
Old 06-22-2019, 10:54 AM

Ok new user here. Question is...can I set up all my presets and settings listening through my headphones and then hope that translates over to my full live setup (Fishman SA220)? I don’t want to have to set up my full system just to tweak settings and add presets. Anyone know if the headphone sound translates over to live speaker sound?
Old 06-22-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Ok new user here. Question is...can I set up all my presets and settings listening through my headphones and then hope that translates over to my full live setup (Fishman SA220)? I don’t want to have to set up my full system just to tweak settings and add presets. Anyone know if the headphone sound translates over to live speaker sound?
Not really. It sounds great, but what you hear through the headphones is stereo. You will hear mono through your Fishman. Also, it depends on the headphones. I don’t really know the technical term for this, but it’s rarely sounds the same. The effects will sound totally different.

What is useful is using the headphones/ear buds as in ear monitors to help you stay on key for the harmonies.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:08 PM

Its just not practical for me to always have to set up my full PA just to fiddle with the settings. Sounds like I will have to do it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Not really. It sounds great, but what you hear through the headphones is stereo. You will hear mono through your Fishman. Also, it depends on the headphones. I don’t really know the technical term for this, but it’s rarely sounds the same. The effects will sound totally different.

What is useful is using the headphones/ear buds as in ear monitors to help you stay on key for the harmonies.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:31 PM

I just ordered one (new to me, but used) from GC at a bargain price. Kind of bummed to hear about the low output direct to a powered speaker--I was hoping for a fast setup when playing as a one man band.

In the past I had a great harmony pedal that I sold and have been wanting another one ever since. I have several gigs this summer where I'll be short a couple singers, so it will be nice to have background vocals again.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification