The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-19-2019, 10:26 AM
Charter Member

Default Tonedexter question re: volume pedal placement

Hi all - I've been running a TD for a few months and I'm loving it. I run it into a Bose L1c and I have a reverb pedal in the loop. I'm looking at adding a volume pedal and am hoping to get some feedback regarding placement. Should it go before TD, after or in the loop? I'm running a K&K and have been looking at the Mission VM Pro since it has a 1M impedance. Also open to other suggestions

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

I don't know nuttin, but I'd say after the TD. I would expect the modeling program would be happier with a consistent input signal.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:47 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Alexander View Post
Hi all - I've been running a TD for a few months and I'm loving it. I run it into a Bose L1c and I have a reverb pedal in the loop. I'm looking at adding a volume pedal and am hoping to get some feedback regarding placement. Should it go before TD, after or in the loop? I'm running a K&K and have been looking at the Mission VM Pro since it has a 1M impedance. Also open to other suggestions

Thanks!
It shouldn't matter where you put the volume pedal: before TD, FX loop, or after TD. For most convenience, I would suggest the FX loop.
James May Engineering
maker of the Ultra Tonic Pickup
Old 06-25-2019, 07:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
I don't know nuttin, but I'd say after the TD. I would expect the modeling program would be happier with a consistent input signal.
I definitely wondered about that, but looks like it's not an issue. Thanks for the info, gents!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification