The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-11-2019, 10:02 PM
Charter Member

Default Acoustic Board

Put this together from some pedals I had extra laying around. Once you start looping you're lost not having one. Nice portable unit. Going to add a couple tip up brackets to mount my K&K pure preamp so I have everything all together. Use the boost pedal to play lead over a loop. Analog delay for a little slap back. Boss footswitch works great when storing a loop while playing to stop recording for later use. Could use a hair more room for a reverb pedal. Might try to squeeze a mini HOF in at some time. So far I like it a lot! Really like the ease of use of the RC-1. Doesn't seem to have any switch delay issues like some others I've used. The rotary guide that plays while the loop is running is awesome!
2014 American Standard Telecaster (Maple Board)Mystic Blue
2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster (Rosewood Board)
1994 Fender 40th Anniversary Stratocaster Caribbean Mist
2011 Martin JC-16RE 50TH Anniversary
2004 Martin J-15
2011 Gibson ES-335 Cherry Red
1993 Continental TriCone
Old 03-12-2019, 10:23 PM

Default Chemistry Design Werks...the Holeyboards!

This is my "acoustic" board..literally with its design being a nicely finished wood that i ordered unfinished and put my own poly coat on it. The Holeyboards are designed to use long zip ties ( included) and also come in beautiful airplane grade alluminum, some with slide out expandable shelves. I know my Play Acostic includes the HOF verb, but I added this HOF pedal for more control and love the mash down button feature for intensity changes. I recently went wireless for my acoustic, and love getting the cord out of my way!:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190312_224325.jpg (36.3 KB, 495 views)
File Type: jpg 20190312_224518.jpg (40.5 KB, 498 views)
Old 03-13-2019, 04:06 PM

Anyone know why the reply I posted here last night appears on my screen smaller than usual...about 2/3 rd the size !!? Thanks
Old 03-23-2019, 06:28 AM

So, I've been completely reconfiguring my live setup, having tried many mic-blend style pickups, with varying degrees of success. When they work, the tone can be lovely. Unfortunately, I suffered from a good deal of feedback too often, and just couldn't seem to find a situation that was consistently problem-free.

That led me to install the Schatten HFN Passive pickup, which sounds great on its own, but really sings (in my opinion) with this setup. I go into the Fire-Eye Red-Eye direct, and then through the DI's effects loop, I have a tuner, a Baggs Session (mostly for the compEQ, but the saturation will go up a bit more than what's in the photo), and a 6-band graphic EQ. Finally, there's the XLR out from the Red-Eye to the board (or amp). I will have some videos of live shows coming up in a few weeks, but so far the tone through my Fishman Loudbox Mini is excellent.

http://sptfy.com/94Ue
Old 03-23-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarino View Post
So, I've been completely reconfiguring my live setup, having tried many mic-blend style pickups, with varying degrees of success. When they work, the tone can be lovely. Unfortunately, I suffered from a good deal of feedback too often, and just couldn't seem to find a situation that was consistently problem-free.

That led me to install the Schatten HFN Passive pickup, which sounds great on its own, but really sings (in my opinion) with this setup. I go into the Fire-Eye Red-Eye direct, and then through the DI's effects loop, I have a tuner, a Baggs Session (mostly for the compEQ, but the saturation will go up a bit more than what's in the photo), and a 6-band graphic EQ. Finally, there's the XLR out from the Red-Eye to the board (or amp). I will have some videos of live shows coming up in a few weeks, but so far the tone through my Fishman Loudbox Mini is excellent.

Interesting set up. Which guitar are you using with these EQ settings? It’s rare to see the midrange boosted. This Schatten HFN now has me Interested.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty C View Post
Interesting set up. Which guitar are you using with these EQ settings? It’s rare to see the midrange boosted. This Schatten HFN now has me Interested.
I have an HFN in both of my guitars right now (J-15 and D-18), but the J-15 is my main gigging guitar, so you could say that's what this board is for.

As for the EQ, the photo is not where my final EQ will likely end up. I basically will have a slope going from the boosted low-band with deeper cuts to 200 and 400. Pretty much draw a line from where the 100mhz band is to where the 3.2k band is, with the 400 coming down. Those are two really ugly frequencies to my ear, 200ish & 400ish.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I have an HFN in both of my guitars right now (J-15 and D-18), but the J-15 is my main gigging guitar, so you could say that's what this board is for.

As for the EQ, the photo is not where my final EQ will likely end up. I basically will have a slope going from the boosted low-band with deeper cuts to 200 and 400. Pretty much draw a line from where the 100mhz band is to where the 3.2k band is, with the 400 coming down. Those are two really ugly frequencies to my ear, 200ish & 400ish.
My guitars (and ears) hate the frequencies around 400-600. I wanted to try the new Baggs Align EQ since the frequency cuts are close at 350 and 700.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
My guitars (and ears) hate the frequencies around 400-600. I wanted to try the new Baggs Align EQ since the frequency cuts are close at 350 and 700.
I looked at the Align, but the MXR was cheaper (substantially) and it had 200 & 400 explicitly, so it was an easy choice for me. I'm sure the Align is excellent, though.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I looked at the Align, but the MXR was cheaper (substantially) and it had 200 & 400 explicitly, so it was an easy choice for me. I'm sure the Align is excellent, though.
I have that MXR on the electric board so I will give it a shot.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
I have that MXR on the electric board so I will give it a shot.
Let us know how you get on with it.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:50 PM

Here’s mine.

IMG_2773.jpg
Old 03-30-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmarkson View Post
Here’s mine.

Attachment 20968
I think this is my favorite so far.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:47 AM

This is my two guitar setup , one guitar has a k&k mini blended with akg516 mini mic,other guitar has a baggs lb6 blended with akg516 mini mic .

Old 06-25-2019, 01:40 AM

Default Acoustic Pedalboards - Post yours!!

Very nice setup!
Two Felix on one board, not bad!
Old 06-25-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotglade View Post
As for the noise issues, the electronics in my Taylor 810ce are fairly noisy when using any kind of pre amp before a DI and a PA (I don't usually hear it with just an amp, for instance. Or if I'm skipping the pedalboard, Tonebone included, and just going through a passive DI into the PA). It also gets worse with the compressor.

Not sure if we’re talking about the same sort of noise but I was having a noise issue with my 717e that would only be alleviated by plugging in to a grounded amp or DI. Apparently it was a “ground loop” issue (I could make it go away just by touching the metal on the cord or pedals)? Anyhow with my setup all I needed to do was make sure my DI was set on grounded mode - problem solved. Like I said, not sure if it’s the same sort of “noise”, but HTH.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification