The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
It's a lead battery, I don't leave my plugged in and it's still good after 7-8 months but I don't use it every day
I would be worried about the battery or over taxing the charger
According to the specs, its a lithium ion battery. Much better than a lead battery. I'm ordering one today!

Rainsong WS 1000
Gibson J45
Martin D12-18
Journey OF660
Beard Copper Mountain Resonator
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Emerald X7
Old 08-12-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood1 View Post
According to the specs, its a lithium ion battery. Much better than a lead battery. I'm ordering one today!
Your probably right on the battery,. I did write to the seller on Amazon about leaving it on the charger and he said not too. "Give the battery a rest". Lol.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
Your probably right on the battery,. I did write to the seller on Amazon about leaving it on the charger and he said not too. "Give the battery a rest". Lol.
I think it is more of a safety and battery life consideration. Lithium batteries can be ruined by overcharging and even catch fire. Modern electronic devices all have a built in charge regulator to prevent this, but every now and then they can go bad with catastrophic results for Lithium. So, why risk it, leave it unplugged when not using. They also like to be "exercised", that is, charged, discharged (maybe 50-80%) and then recharged. If you leave it plugged in all the time, it will never discharge and the battery life will be shortened. So it is prudent to charge it, then unplug it, use it for a while, then recharge, then unplug for storage. Lithiums can be charged very quickly and their self discharge rate is very slow, so if you put it away charged and unplugged, it should still be fully charged when you next need it. If not, it should recharge very quickly. You're not going to hurt it if you forget and leave it plugged in, but in general, leave it unplugged (but fully charged) for long term storage.

Rainsong WS 1000
Gibson J45
Martin D12-18
Journey OF660
Beard Copper Mountain Resonator
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Emerald X7
Old 08-18-2018, 02:47 AM

The charger has no smart circuitry. Charge it till the indicator says it's charged and you're good to go for a very long time.

Don't leave it plugged in continually like most do for cell phones or it can cause problems of various kinds.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:30 PM

Sorry if it has already been asked, does anybody know if it is possible to use the Mugig while it is charging?
Old 09-26-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
Sorry if it has already been asked, does anybody know if it is possible to use the Mugig while it is charging?
Yes you can
Old 06-23-2019, 10:21 PM

Default Mugig for $69.99

I know this is an older post but I saw this amp for a good price and thought I would pass it along.

Use the coupon and choose free shipping for $69.99 !

https://www.amazon.com/Mugig-Guitar-...ruments&sr=1-3

Last edited by Krash58; 06-23-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:25 PM

Yep, good catch. That's the best price that will be found and doesn't come often. I paid $16 more, and that was also a good price at the time.
Old 06-23-2019, 11:30 PM

Default How do you like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac View Post
Yep, good catch. That's the best price that will be found and doesn't come often. I paid $16 more, and that was also a good price at the time.
So, how do you like the amp? I took a chance, pulled the trigger and bought it !

Last edited by Krash58; 06-24-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:33 AM

I paid $20 more. I confess, it's been gathering dust, I bought it so I would have a battery amp if/when needed, just haven't needed it yet.

I tried it inside, the sound was ok as long as not cranked too far - when it starts to distort. For small scale busking or campfire playing, it's fine.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 06-24-2019, 07:35 AM

Post deleted. Now see the coupon

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19
Old 06-24-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash58 View Post
So, how do you like the amp? I took a chance, pulled the trigger and bought it !
It's a basic, small amp, loud enough to have fun with, built pretty solid, lithium battery lasts a looong time and is replaceable if needed. I use the bluetooth function as well around the house, when needed.

I wanted something lightweight and was able to bring it overseas with me as it fit in my suitcase easily. I removed the lithium battery first since that's become an issue in checked luggage now--and brought in my carry on

You need to figure the controls out yourself. Instructions not the clearest translation.

If you read all the older threads on this item on the forum, you will pick up tips from other owners that are clearer than the instructions including some functions I didn't see mentioned in the instructions (don't recall what they were at the moment.)

If you need to play a venue of any reasonable size, you'll need to spend multiple times this amount to be happy. Mugig wasn't designed for that, but it's fun to use at home and for small groups of people. For $70, I think it's a great value.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:23 PM

Yeah, where is this coupon?
Old 06-24-2019, 12:35 PM

For me, the coupon is something you click on that is displayed on the Amazon page below the price...
Old 06-28-2019, 09:38 AM

Default Friday, June 28th

50% Coupon is still up on this Gugig Amp !
Checked on my account and the coupon is not there, went on my son`s account and it is, (purchased 1 on my account, not on my son`s).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification