The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-22-2019, 06:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmackie View Post
AC-3 arrived a couple days ago. Connected to TC Harmony Singer 2, into the Loudbox Artist. Used only effects and EQ on AC-3. Relatively short learning curve. The compressor was an eye opener vs straight into the Artist.Just took a touch to smooth out the sound. The guitar models work. The automatic feedback control must have worked, as I had no issues with the K and K equipped CEO-7, which I sometimes have. Easy-peasy learning curve, the mute/tuner is nice. Noodled around with various settings, reverbs, etc. Can go out to amp for monitoring and out to house with post eq signal, and TC Harmony staight to house no fiddling. I think I'd be comfortable at my next open mic this Tuesday with it after an hour. The guitar models work.
Got out the VE-08 which I haven't used in a couple weeks. One or two less wire clutter, depending on line outs (amp only, amp and house, house and house with both vocals and guitar). To do that, though requries drilling down into menus according to the owner's manual. Mi esposa says I sound better vocal wise throgh the VE-08. The guitar effects are not the same, but similar. To change effects and prarmeters requires button pushing and then knob twiddling. The effects are nice and clean, though. The resonance control is nice. Is that a Boss only thing?
I would want to have crib notes on stage for a while until my brain wrapped around the way the engineers, translated by Chinese into Engrish for the manual, thought about menu's, symbols, order, of operations,etc.
I'm leaning the AC-3 and TC Harmony. No knock on the VE-08. I'm just to lazy I think to learn and remember all the button pushing. I'd rather remember the picture of knob positions for the two guitars I use.
It is interesting to note that many of us VE-8 users are restless. I, too am
moving from the VE-8 to the HS2 and putting together appropriate
associated gear. I am considering the AC-2, but am concerned that
volume knob will be short on gain for my passive pu.

Goodall MdRSC/Adirondack yr2018 + Sunrise
Goodall RSC/Sitka yr2001 + Sunrise
Goodall HRGCC/Italian yr2004 + Sunrise
Martin D-10E Sitka/Sapele MX-T
Bose L1 mod2, Pro8, S1 Pro, QSC K8.2, CP8
Old 06-22-2019, 07:09 AM
Charter Member

I moved from the VE-8 to the EAE StompMix X6 digital mixer. I had no problem with VE-8 except with lack of inputs. I never used the looper and rarely used the harmonizer so those were unneeded features as well. Mostly I just needed EQ, preamp, compression, reverb, chorus, delay, notch and mute. And more channels. And battery power. The X6 has all this in an extremely intuitive, button-centric operation. Very well built and layed out. Not cheap but it's a pro piece of kit for sure.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:38 AM

I too use a felix. i play three totally differentinstruments in the band. The felix in conjunction with the helix stomp gives me all the efx and eq could possibly want. With the diversity if the helix and the great tone of the grace design they work well together. I had a ve-08 for two months but live it was just too much bending over.I really liked its fx but the eq was lacking a bit.and the resonance was touchy finding that sweet spot. I think if i just played guitar then it would have worked.but switching between mandolin bass and guitar it was just too much tweaking.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:46 AM

Methos
That's a nice peice of kit! Tell me, does the 5/6 channel serve as a third instrument channel for you? Meaning, the High Z inputs on channels one and two are instruments, channels three and four are dedicated vocals, so the 5/6 channel can be a third instrument? Does that channel have effects?
Old 09-17-2019, 10:05 AM

Scott....how did that Zoom AC3 pedal work out?

I looked at all these options too for a guitar specific multi effects box and this one or the Elliot Transit A seem to be the best choices. Wonder why the Transit A doesn't get more love? I watched some demo videos and that thing sounds amazing.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:44 AM

Anybody give this NUX Stageman Floor a try? EQ, sweepable notch filter, FX Loop, looper, reverb and chorus. Impedance selector as well.

Looks like it could be a good thing.

https://www.amazon.com/NUX-Stageman-...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Old 09-21-2019, 05:16 AM

I think just REX acoustic soulmate is sufficient.

Grace Felix
L.R.Baggs Mixpro
Zoom A3

Trace Elliot TA40CR
Henriksen the Bud ten
Old 09-21-2019, 06:02 AM
Charter Member

Carl, the NU-X pre looked interesting, I looked at some details, and
sadly found that the looper function uses only one fs, not both. I
think they could have differentiated themselves if they had a
dedicated stop loop fs option.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification