The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-19-2016, 09:34 AM

Truthfully, some of my other guitars are getting jealous :-). My wife may be as well.

Sent via iPhone, pardon any errors

Old 08-24-2020, 08:24 AM

I purchased a brand new one 3 months ago and it came in 3 days ago. I didn't think I would get it until Sept. I bought it from Ye Old Music in Charleston, SC. (Hanahan, SC) If you are thinking about buying one, he has the best prices of anyone I have seen. See Michael Davis and tell him Jimmy sent you. I saw this guitar on the movie Yesterday about the Beatles and me and my son wanted one immediately. You can see a great demo of this guitar by searching daddystovepipe CEO-7 demo.

I ordered this without ever seeing or playing one. I took a chance. I love this guitar. It is much lighter than I thought it would be. My son has a Whiskey Sunset and it is slightly heavier than that. Very comfortable to play and super fun to play. Love the Modified V neck. I thought it would be much more V shaped. It is fairly wide but very comfortable and I have small hands. It came with the action a little high so I used a Martin truss rod wrench and adjusted it. Plays much better. I am searching for the best strings to put on it and I think the Martin light/med strings would be perfect. The only place I have found these is on eBay. Not light, not medium, but medium/light. They are great on the Whiskey Sunset, I expect them to be terrific on the CEO-7. Also ordered a set of John Pearse med/lights to try those at a later date. I am glad I got this guitar, it sounds great, plenty of projection, and the small footprint makes it fun to play. I highly recommend it. You save $600 if you buy from Michael Davis at Ye Olde. Have a great day.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscotti54 View Post
I purchased a brand new one 3 months ago and it came in 3 days ago. I didn't think I would get it until Sept. I bought it from Ye Old Music in Charleston, SC. (Hanahan, SC) If you are thinking about buying one, he has the best prices of anyone I have seen. See Michael Davis and tell him Jimmy sent you. I saw this guitar on the movie Yesterday about the Beatles and me and my son wanted one immediately. You can see a great demo of this guitar by searching daddystovepipe CEO-7 demo.

I ordered this without ever seeing or playing one. I took a chance. I love this guitar. It is much lighter than I thought it would be. My son has a Whiskey Sunset and it is slightly heavier than that. Very comfortable to play and super fun to play. Love the Modified V neck. I thought it would be much more V shaped. It is fairly wide but very comfortable and I have small hands. It came with the action a little high so I used a Martin truss rod wrench and adjusted it. Plays much better. I am searching for the best strings to put on it and I think the Martin light/med strings would be perfect. The only place I have found these is on eBay. Not light, not medium, but medium/light. They are great on the Whiskey Sunset, I expect them to be terrific on the CEO-7. Also ordered a set of John Pearse med/lights to try those at a later date. I am glad I got this guitar, it sounds great, plenty of projection, and the small footprint makes it fun to play. I highly recommend it. You save $600 if you buy from Michael Davis at Ye Olde. Have a great day.
Many Martin dealers will do 60% of list, which is about $1980. That's what I paid in April. Does he go even lower than that?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion