The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-17-2020, 07:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamenramen View Post
Hi sorry the title limit could not capture my question which is/
:

For a medium sized guitar company like Eastman to a large one like Taylor how many samples do I need to try before finding a gem?

For example, take a Taylor 814 which is readily available to demo at a guitar center. You could realistically find five of them to try without going to extreme lengths if you have say 2-3 guitar centers near you.

I know these guitars look handmade but they are precision CNC made. So is consistency so good that playing one or two is totally indicative of the sound and there is very little variation? Or is it worth the effort to go and play say 10 814 units before buying?

Also interested in this exercise for Eastman guitars.

For say a Collings or a Santa Cruz, more expensive and smaller elite builders you won’t be able to audition 5 om2h units and take your pick. I understand that.
Consistency of production will yield "Consistency of build quality" not necessarily consistency of tone.
A CNC machine can only accurately cut to size but has no affect on the different grain patterns, grain spacing, and density, each individual set of guitar backs, sides, and tops will have.
Is it a big difference maybe not, but it is a difference

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 09-17-2020, 10:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Dirk

Spent a lot of years working in page formatting and what people are more likely to click on.

I'm not sure what that means. Do you mean you're going for "more clicks" by putting "click" in the link? That probably does work to some small degree. I have spent the last 28 years designing applications and web experiences myself, it's interesting to see data on what small changes in button or link wording make, but those differences tend to be at scale – as in tens or hundreds of thousands of clicks, where a 1% change means thousands more in terms of clickthrough.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion