The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-23-2019, 08:40 PM

The Bruins did it! I hope they have a little time to rest and recoup before moving on. Beware NHL fans. The Bruins are just waking up.....!
Old 04-24-2019, 05:32 AM

I hope they have a little time to rest and recoup before moving on

I don't think there's any rest time, next round starts tomorrow night.

Kurali rejoining that 4th line seemed to make a difference in the last 2 games, I don't think the Leaf's had an answer for that and what was missing early on in this series.

No one should be complaining about goal tending, Tuukka was the best I think we've ever seen, Andersen was awesome, wasn't his best game last night, but he kept the Leafs in the game when the B's made some hard surges. Especially in Game 6.

Tip of the hat to Toronto, that was about as intense as it gets, could have gone either way. I felt who ever scored first, was taking game 7.

GO B'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2019, 08:15 AM

Default sharks pull out a miracle.

3rd period, down 3-0, wham 5 min major, player hurt pretty bad, team gathers round him-then one of the greatest comebacks in the history of pro sports.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
3rd period, down 3-0, wham 5 min major, player hurt pretty bad, team gathers round him-then one of the greatest comebacks in the history of pro sports.
Indeed that was incredible. I’ve followed NHL hockey for decades and this comeback was out of this world, much bigger than my Edmonton Oilers loss to the LA Kings in ‘79 (I think)
Old 04-24-2019, 09:32 AM
Charter Member

That was a HUGE comeback! Great series between SJ and VGK.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'd been a Sharks fan for sometime now and didn't think I'd be able to watch another early playoff exit (I was on the couch for the heartbreak 4OT loss to the Stars over ten years ago). So, I decided to stop watching the game shortly before the midpoint of the third period and watch a dvr'd episode of Judge Judy instead (!) Huge mistake!

That said, I made it back before the start of OT and caught the end. Amazing, incredible game. I wished I could have caught it live for the goosebumps to watch the team rally around Pavs to take the lead! Go Sharks!
Old 04-24-2019, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

Bad call or not on the major penalty, a team can't give up FOUR goals during the major and blame the referee as Marchessault did after the game. I suppose blaming Fleury would have been bad form.

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 04-24-2019, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlesschorus View Post
So, I decided to stop watching the game shortly before the midpoint of the third period and watch a dvr'd episode of Judge Judy instead (!)
It takes tremendous courage to admit this.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:38 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Bad call or not on the major penalty, a team can't give up FOUR goals during the major and blame the referee as Marchessault did after the game. I suppose blaming Fleury would have been bad form.
Fleury looked stunned after the Sharks scored the first 2 goals...then Vegas' defense got tired! That was Logan Couture willing the Sharks to do it. A real "feeding frenzy"
Old 04-24-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
The Bruins did it! I hope they have a little time to rest and recoup before moving on. Beware NHL fans. The Bruins are just waking up.....!
We did it! . I've read a lot of articles today and being in Canada those articles are about how Toronto, and Babcock, blew it. Nothing about how strong a team Boston has. I think everyone is surprised that the 3rd and 4th lines scored those goals.

Quote:
Amazing and stunning. Scoring 4 PPGs on the same PP is one of those 'impossible' events yet it happened in the 3rd period of a game 7 when a team was behind by 3 goals. Feel bad for Fleury but Jumbo Joe gets another chance.

Was the 5 minute major a bad call?
Old 04-24-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
We did it! . I've read a lot of articles today and being in Canada those articles are about how Toronto, and Babcock, blew it. Nothing about how strong a team Boston has. I think everyone is surprised that the 3rd and 4th lines scored those goals.

Amazing and stunning. Scoring 4 PPGs on the same PP is one of those 'impossible' events yet it happened in the 3rd period of a game 7 when a team was behind by 3 goals. Feel bad for Fleury but Jumbo Joe gets another chance.

No, it was a brutal crosscheck that Pavelski seemed to whether, but the ensuing push/trip is what did it.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:26 PM

I didn't see the game but according to several of my students, this call will end up changing the instant replay rules. Kinda like the Saints' non-call against the Rams in last season's NFL playoffs.

Best,
PJ
Old 04-24-2019, 09:38 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post

Imo, not to minimize how bad it looked when Pavelski went down, but it should not have been a major. That said, Vegas should’ve been able to weather the storm...but they didn’t.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltamontes View Post
Indeed that was incredible. I’ve followed NHL hockey for decades and this comeback was out of this world, much bigger than my Edmonton Oilers loss to the LA Kings in ‘79 (I think)
Indeed comparable.

What a crazy playoffs! Even though my Flames were doused, and all the Canadian teams are done, it's still been one of the most unbelievable first rond outcomes I've ever witnessed.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 04-25-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Imo, not to minimize how bad it looked when Pavelski went down, but it should not have been a major. That said, Vegas should’ve been able to weather the storm...but they didn’t.
I've read similar, Tom. I wonder if the refs would have still called the major if the score was tied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
Indeed comparable.

What a crazy playoffs! Even though my Flames were doused, and all the Canadian teams are done, it's still been one of the most unbelievable first rond outcomes I've ever witnessed.
All four division leaders are out in the first round. That's never happened before. Boston now is the top team left and they have home ice advantage in each round they play.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic