The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-13-2021, 05:54 PM

I have nothing but positive things to say about Amazon.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

I asked for a refund yesterday. It was just a phone call and I'll have to re-order. Without asking he told me that if the package arrived for some reason to just keep it. Just a note, If it makes any difference to the discussion, the order was from a third party seller through Amazon.

Taylor GS Mini Mahogany.
Guild D-20
Gretsch Streamliner
Morgan Monroe MNB-1w

https://www.minnesotabluegrass.org/
Old 10-14-2021, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllink View Post
You are right from that angle. But I'm looking at it from the customer service angle. Wouldn't it be better customer service if the shippers said, "your package is likely lost, what do you want to do," instead of waiting for the customer to get frustrated and then fighting them tooth and nail?
You get what you pay for. If not Amazon delivering and FedEx or UPS or USPS it's likely your merchant's account paying for it.

With some of my vendors I can choose our UPS or FedEx accounts to do the shipping. When that's the case I have options and rights I don't get if it's the vendor shipping the item.

All the shippers have challenges these days. I get more empathy with our having near 1000 employees knowing the mess that can occur if just a few people are gone for 2 weeks or take a better job.

Also, I will offer this. We get near $200 million of stuff a year to our docks and doors 24x7x365. While there are problems it's not as bad as many think. A lot of people need to think of common cognitive biases. Look up availability heuristic if you don't know that - many overreact. There are short memories. I remember pre-Internet in your hand (your social media on the smart phone) boom times when logistics was challenged. Being in logistics and production management I knew it but without pundits and fools blabbering the whole world didn't freak out.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
I understand that is basically the same that Home Depot does with many/most returns.
I once worked warranty for a large manufacturer. we would require the defective part be returned but we seldom looked at it or tested it.
Old 10-14-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rllink View Post
Now today I got an email that my package is possibly lost and I'm just one click away from a total refund, two clicks away from a re-order. I mean, admit your mistakes and make it right? That's refreshing.
I ordered a part for my truck on Ebay. They shipped it and I got the email that my part was delivered. It was shipped USPS. We have a locking mailbox. It was empty and stayed that way. I contacted the USPS and they couldn't find it.
Their final answer was "Sorry".

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic