The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-21-2018, 03:50 PM

Default Best carbon fiber amp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroad View Post
I have been doing a lot of gigs using my Emerald X20 as my gigging guitar of choice over my Martin HD-28. For one, its nice to have a guitar to leave in the sun or cold at outside gigs. Secondly, I love the tone of it through my Shertler David Deluxe amps.
I looked up the Shertler David Deluxe and they aren’t made anymore. So I was wondering what amps and effects we use with our cf guitars?
Old 05-21-2018, 04:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
I looked up the Shertler David Deluxe and they aren’t made anymore. So I was wondering what amps and effects we use with our cf guitars?
Same thing you'd be inclined to use with any wood guitars. I was using a Fishman LBM, with a direct line to my Bose L1C. I have recently replaced the LBM with a Bose S1. I use a bit of reverb and had been using a TC Helicon Play Acoustic with some BodyRez dialed in. Since switching to the S1, I have gone back to a TC Helicon Gxt vocal harmonizer.

So, it currently is this: X20/X7 > TCH Gxt > Bose S1 > Bose L1C. I am using the built-in reverb on the S1 rather than the reverb in the Gxt. No other guitar effects.
Old 05-21-2018, 04:27 PM

Best carbon fiber amp?

Thought cool a amp made from CF...sigh... proceed... oh and a Bose Compact with a T1 works quite well for me
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 05-21-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
I like my Bose L1 compact with Fishman aura pedal and Tc Helcion Harmony singer.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:12 PM
Guest 928

I've really like my Roland AC33 for its mobility, its tonal and projection values. I've just order a Bose Pro Si and we'll see how that goes.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I've just order a Bose Pro Si and we'll see how that goes.

Now I have too get one...sigh...
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 05-21-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I've really like my Roland AC33 for its mobility, its tonal and projection values. I've just order a Bose Pro Si and we'll see how that goes.
Darn it. I have the Roland AC33 and the Bose L1 compact, but I just looked up the Bose Pro Si and now I want one too.! I have to stop reading this forum.Lol.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmsstrider01 View Post
Darn it. I have the Roland AC33 and the Bose L1 compact, but I just looked up the Bose Pro Si and now I want one too.! I have to stop reading this forum.Lol.
It's a trap I tell you ! Or something
Old 05-21-2018, 08:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmsstrider01 View Post
Some folks think the forum causes you to want to buy more stuff. I think it is more about getting information... real world use of gear. As the manufacturers improve stuff or come out with new stuff, without this forum, how would we learn about this new stuff? Stuff that will make our playing better... stuff that will make the audience say, "Wow! That sounds great!"... stuff that other people on the forum will read about and say, "OHHHH - I want one, too!"
Old 05-22-2018, 04:54 AM
Charter Member

The Bose S1 is in the same price range, and also the same weight range, as the AER compact 3. It would be interesting to compare them side by side.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:00 AM

I use the Schertler Jam100. It’s a fantastic amp. Powerful for such a small size. And it’s pretty, so my wife doesn’t mind it sitting out in my music room. Almost looks decorative. :-)
Old 05-22-2018, 06:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
The Bose S1 is in the same price range, and also the same weight range, as the AER compact 3. It would be interesting to compare them side by side.
I am not familiar with the AER Compact 3. The least expensive AER that I know of is the Alpha, which sells for around $899, $300 more than the S1. The AER Compact 60/3 sells for $1199, twice what the S1 goes for. Nice amps.

Do you have any info or link?
Old 05-22-2018, 06:34 AM

I’m happy with my LBM and I use an LR Baggs Venue if I’m gonna go through a p.a., but now you got me looking at the Bose S1. Jeez...
Old 05-22-2018, 07:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean39 View Post
I use the Schertler Jam100. It’s a fantastic amp. Powerful for such a small size. And it’s pretty, so my wife doesn’t mind it sitting out in my music room. Almost looks decorative. :-)
I haven't tried a Jam 100, but they sure get good reviews. How are the vocals through it?
Old 05-22-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I haven't tried a Jam 100, but they sure get good reviews. How are the vocals through it?

I’m not a singer, but my wife is. I believe we’ve only tried it once with vocals, but it’s a fine sounding amp.

I own two acoustic amps- the Schertler and an SWR Strawberry Blonde. They are both nice amps. The Schertler is a step above anything I’ve played though, except maybe AER amps. I’d say they are on par with them.

They’ve got an amazingly huge sound for such a small amp.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber