The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-28-2011, 05:02 AM

Default My Acoustic Name LOGO

I told some of this story on someone else's thread but thought I would start my own thread.

I came up with a name some months back for my "Acoustic Solo Act". As I've stated before, I have been an electric player for quite some time and although I'm no where as good as I should be for all the time I've been playing, I am pretty happy with where I am considering the undisciplined practicer (is that a word?) that I am.
Having gotten a really nice electrified acoustic a little over a year ago and recovered from shoulder surgery (2 tears in my right rotator cuff and a bone spur) Jan. 2010, I have embarked on working up an acoustic solo act. (Would have preferred a Duo but have not found "the magic" in anyone I have sat down with YET) Never did so much singing. I like to sing and wish I had a killer voice but it is what it is and I'm having fun picking songs that "I" think are in my range.

So I came up with what I thought was a pretty good name but have no artistic imagination for a logo/business card. I mentioned this at an Open Mic I go to where a 42 yr old Autistic man comes down accompanied by his 70 yr old mother. This woman hears me talking and says she is an artist (of some kind) and she would try to come up with something for me. (btw her son, Tommy, is very good on guitar, bass, and keys and has several YouTube videos and writes his own tunes. In fact he takes "video lessons" from our new member here Toby Walker)

Two weeks later she comes to the Open Mic with 2 drafts of a Logo. I was overwhelmed and extremely excited. I picked one and made a few modifications and she re-did it.
On my recent order with Vistaprint.com I had them change some of the text in the bottom just a little (I don't have that to post) but thought I would share my Logo here with this story to inspire those of you who haven't yet come up with something for yourselves to seek out help (like someone on this forum is doing in asking for name suggestions.)

Guess I did something wrong because I thought the image would show right in this post.

Last edited by BoB/335; 01-28-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:19 PM

Thumbs up

Hey Bob, Acoustic Skyline, I like it, Good luck
Old 01-28-2011, 01:56 PM
strummin' an x12

Default Image

Here you go:

(I deleted everything that followed ".jpg" in your previous link.)

~ S.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:03 PM

Thanks but don't know how you figured that. I have posted other things on here before but I have no idea why I couldn't this time.

Anyway, I think it looks great and I can't wait till the cards and other things I ordered come in. I removed the MySpace.com and placed my name and phone number there which made that whole area on the bottom look more relaxed. I guess you all have my phone number now. HMmmm...... Should I have made that xxx-xxx-xxxx. Don't know how I could have done that. Oh well, give a call sometime! lol

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell