The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-02-2020, 10:57 AM

Default Zoom Livetrack L-20R

Right now B&H and Amazon are discounting the Zoom Livetrack L-20R to just over $600. If you buy from B&H withe their new Payboo card, you will also be credited back the sales tax. A fast 512GB card is another $80.

I believe that the reason for the discount is that Zoom was really late in issuing the IOS 13 compatible control app (which they have now done).

Anyway, mine arrives tomorrow and I am looking forward to using it, both as a stand-alone recorder and as a multi-channel DAW mixer) interface.

Last edited by lkingston; 01-02-2020 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:23 PM

Ok, this is pretty cool! One thing that is disappointing is that there isn’t a proper master volume. The only output volume control is the mixer out, but that also feeds the mix down recorder.

I’ve ordered a Mackie passive “big knob” volume control and that will fix it, but I shouldn’t need to.

The mixer is much simpler than the Behringer XR series, but I like the Bluetooth control better than wifi.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:24 PM

The Mackie passive Big Knob works really well. Now I can set the listening level independent from the mastering level. I can also switch between the L-20R and some other source without repatching.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD