The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-29-2019, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post

If you are happy with the Profire interface, perhaps an Apple Store tech could help you revert your PowerBook's operating system to the point it will work with your existing interface.
This thread made me go look at the option of reverting from Catalina back to Mojave (or earlier), and it's a bear. Apparently the Catalina upgrade repartitions the system drive, so it requires a clean install or, if you are lucky, restore from a full system image in Time Machine, *after* you re-format the system drive.

With that, I'd probably be looking at a new USB interface, and forget about Firewire, unless you want to get a drive enclosure, perhaps, and move your Time Machine drive on that. And if it's a mid-2012, it probably has a couple USB 3.0 ports, and that opens up a lot of possibilities, i.e., any vendor is worth looking at. (My mid-2012 Mini has USB 3.0 ports and I've got my audio and video projects on external mirrored drives off USB 3.0 and it's *really* fast.)
Old 12-29-2019, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith.rogers View Post
This thread made me go look at the option of reverting from Catalina back to Mojave (or earlier), and it's a bear. Apparently the Catalina upgrade repartitions the system drive, so it requires a clean install or, if you are lucky, restore from a full system image in Time Machine, *after* you re-format the system drive.

With that, I'd probably be looking at a new USB interface, and forget about Firewire, unless you want to get a drive enclosure, perhaps, and move your Time Machine drive on that. And if it's a mid-2012, it probably has a couple USB 3.0 ports, and that opens up a lot of possibilities, i.e., any vendor is worth looking at. (My mid-2012 Mini has USB 3.0 ports and I've got my audio and video projects on external mirrored drives off USB 3.0 and it's *really* fast.)
Hi keith

Yeah - it was a sad day when my basement iMac could no longer be updated (system-wise) and I had to upgrade both interfaces and computers. I can't say it was a bad thing, because the new stuff is imminently more functional, but I was so used to what 'had been'.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Tags
audio interface, logic, maudio, profire, recording