The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-04-2020, 09:21 AM

Default Epiphone PR765

Attention Epiphone mavens! I’m looking for information on this guitar. A friend turned up with one at a jam last night. Looks like a Martin D35 copy; square shouldered dread with 3 piece back. Green label says “made in Japan” and it is from the 70s I would bet. It has reportedly, and by my observation Brazilian back and sides - but solid BRW or laminated? Top is solid spruce, and it sounded quiote good - especially considering it was wearing extra light strings - tens!
The headstock has a vine on it, but a sort of short one, not the one I found Googling.
Any information would be welcome! Thanks!
Old 03-04-2020, 09:35 AM

just did some looking up on that model . I love square shoulder dreadnoughts

some listings on reverb indicate that the top is solid , but the sides are laminate . nor necessarily a bad thing , but the new Epiphone Masterbilt Excellente is a very similar model in a solid woods

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
epiphone, pr765