The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-05-2014, 01:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ttALQpUHqI

Try Anji
Old 08-05-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earwitness View Post
Gary, thanks so much. First, I love that song and had never tried to play it. Your version is exactly at the level I can play pretty comfortably while singing. It picks up quite a lot of the piano melody.

Two slight adaptations I made to fit it to myself were: actually playing an E major then dropping down to E7 where you have an Em; and sliding an Fmaj7 shape up 2 frets to a G on "both could live." I also may end up swapping that F6 for a Dm7, just to make it easier--we'll see.

Thanks again so much--you have given me the gift of a great song, so thanks for your efforts.
Thanks, I hesitated to post since it might seem like I am shamelessly advertising my YouTube channel. But that song resonates with so many people, and isn't really that hard to play. I'll experiment with your alterations and maybe incorporate them!

Gary
Old 08-05-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusSi View Post
Wow some great suggestions coming out of the woodworks today.

@Gcunplugged really loving the tune of your song, I dont think i have ever heard it before somehow! "every breath you take" on the other hand its an old favorite i had forgotten about, definitely going strait to the short list.

Si
Again, thanks. "Your Song" is my most popular tune on YouTube. It took me a while to work that song out, and as was mentioned earlier, that F6 chord is problematic. If you prefer, you can play a Dm there instead.

Best Regards,
Gary
Old 08-05-2014, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusSi;4060724...
But here is a Marty Shwartz one if you prefer:
[url
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGY98o2-efU[/url]
I've never been a fan of Marty's lessons but I looked at this and liked his teaching style quite a bit.

000-15 / GC7 / GA3-12 / SB2-C / SB2-Cp / AVC-11MHx / AC-240

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write