The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-23-2018, 10:44 AM
Guest 928

bt;

Good to have you here. Good also that you are classically inclined. What guitar(s) are you now playing?

As far as CF nylon strung guitars, you have a lot of choices. The Blackbird Rider in classical and flamenco modes, the Rainsong Parlor, various Emeralds, and a Leviora.

If you keep an eye on the AGF classifieds you will often see one or another of the mentioned guitars. I've given them all a run, my strategy being to buy high and sell low, counting any loss as rental fee.

One of the nice things about Emerald instruments is that you can order to your particular specifications. Keep an eye on Tom2's discussions of nylon string instruments. Cecil, too, has pushed the development of CF nylon instruments. There are a number of people on this forum who have focused on the CF evolution of the classical guitar--interesting stuff.

Enjoy and keep us posted. You may be the youngest person here and we count on you to get busy and do some heavy lifting.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:05 PM

EvanB,

I spend most of my time with my Cordoba C9, but pull out my Rainsong CH-WS a couple times a week when I (or the poor souls that have to hear me play) want to hear the sound of steel.

I really wanted the Blackbird Rider Nylon, but I didn't have the gumption to grab it when it was still available new. I think it worked out though, because you're right about Emerald's easy customization! It sure costs, but I was able to get a lot of classical guitar specs in...and i'm positive that forearm bevel will mean the world to me. Usually around hour 2 I start noticing the edge of my current guitars :-).

I will definitely keep an eye on Tom2 and Cecil's posts! As well as mountainmaster, who apparently recently got an X7 Nylon. Pending how the X20 works for me, I can see wanting an X7 too!

I'll definitely be around and contributing as much as I can, and promoting the use of new ideas and materials! Maybe I can also get other 30-somethings to join ;^)
Old 12-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Guest 928

bt;

I suspect we have some young players on this forum, they're just rather quiet. On the Old McNichol forum we had a number of young players who brought vitality to the quest for the perfect guitar. Jessie Dillon was probably a teenager when he started. And then Martin, a Spaniard who was a kick butt player, he was young.

I think some of the ladies on this forum are in the early 30s bracket. Kramster is like ancient, but he has the enthusiasm of youth--as do a number of other forum members. You are in good company.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
bt;

Kramster is like ancient,
Hey!! I'm right here!
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-24-2018, 03:56 AM

Back when Jessie disappeared .... he is the top right and the 3 down the middle ...others are from on MacNichol forum

And Martin Blames jamming with some guy on Blackbirds at NAMM

And after a long day at NAMM and just before Blue Man audition. (Chipmunk production)

Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 12-24-2018 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:17 AM

And here is Martin playing a very rare Emerald that Alistair brought to NAMM in a secret location...our hotel room Shhhhh ... first carved head. Yes a Nylon string thing

Old 12-24-2018, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Ghosts of Christmas past? I nominate Kramster as our official CF historian... or hysterian? One of those things.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Ghosts of Christmas past? I nominate Kramster as our official CF historian... or hysterian? One of those things.

I gots lots.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber