The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-22-2018, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMikey View Post
The simple pleasures indeed. Sometimes there is no greater joy than playing music outside in a serene location, especially in the still of the night. For no audience other then yourself and Mother Nature it can be incredibly spiritual. I also play Native American wood flute and have played it on mountain tops, overlooking lakes, in the middle of the woods... Music and nature are a great recipe for soothing the soul.
I so agree. It can get cool and foggy in the summer evenings where I live but it tends to keep the mosquitoes away. Nature and music - definitely a great healing for mind, body and soul.

Best,
Jayne
Old 05-22-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
I have three nice guitars.

I also have one very humble and modest guitar which is about 15% the cost but about 75% as good.

I have this one for alternate tunings and for playing outside. Tonight reminded just how much fun this can be.

11pm at night, not a creature was stirring. Sat outside in the still night air and played this without a guitar care in the world. It was really enjoyable and it reminded me I got just as much thorough enjoyment time from this very inexpensive guitar as I do when I play my "main" guitar which is about 7-8 times the cost.

Simple pleasures
As the song says...

Music makes pictures, and often tells stories
All of it magic, and all of it true

And all of the pictures, and all of the stories
And all of the magic, the music is you...
John Denver

No better feeling in the world, than being outside with a favorite guitar in a lovely and quiet place...

duff
Be A Player...Not A Polisher

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion