The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-16-2018, 11:48 AM

Default Emerald X20 Nylon opinions please

Hi there. Has anyone played a X20 Nylon? I’d like to hear your impressions. I’m thinking seriously about ordering one. Does anyone know of an x20 nylon for sale by chance? Thanks very much

So does anyone know of one of these being for sale??

Last edited by Guitar01a; 11-21-2018 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Adding a question
Old 11-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

I had a chance to compare a bunch of Emerald models in the spring. Sadly, the X30 had not been announced when I visited and they did not spill the beans to me.

But I did get a chance to play the full range of their products, including the X20 nylon and steel string versions.

The nylon is quite beautiful, especially with the slot head. It has a very nice tone across the strings. It had substantially more bass than I expected, although I really hadn't played any high quality nylon string guitars so my comparison group might not be yours. To my ear it sounded great up and down the fretboard. Felt more like a crossover than a classical width but I didn't really check and you could order what you want anyway.

I almost bought one even though I really am a steel string player and bought one of those instead. If I was primarily a nylon string player I'd have bought one without any hesitation.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:55 PM

This looks to be an excellent thread.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=499539
Old 11-16-2018, 01:04 PM

I have had my X20 nylon for about 4 or 5 years. Alistair made mine as a special order, as this was before it was introduced as a regular model. I opted for the tie bridge, slotted headstock, and RMC internal MIDI system. I absolutely love the guitar. It has a wonderful feel and tone. I also found the carbon fiber top to be quite resonant and compliment the nylon strings.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:20 PM
Guest 928

Bax;

Good referral.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:53 PM

Darn...am I gonna have to get one of those nylon sting things finally?
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 11-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Guest 928

Oh! Nephew mine. You know that your sensitive side cries for nylon. Give it up, your macho steel-string obsession. Go sweet. Go soft touch. It will be good for you, make you a better man. If you need any help in your nylon search, your uncle is close at hand.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber