The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-22-2019, 11:56 AM
Charter Member

Guitar virgin here. Actually, you are a pro compare to me. I have never played, but I have posted elsewhere about my experience as a clarinet and sax player for about 50 years. Like you, I questioned whether I was competent enough to actually pick a guitar, especially one sight unseen. Sometimes the stars align to serve you, and sometimes not. And when my Larrivee 000 40RE custom arrived yesterday, I knew that the guitar gods had been very kind to me. I will do a more detailed NGD post over the weekend. But what I wanted to tell you is that as soon as I put that beautiful box in my hands and strummed an A chord, I was in love. Any question that I would not be able to decide whether it was good or not went out the window. Bottom line: if it sounds good, it is good. That's what Duke Ellington said. True that. Trust your ears. Period.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion