The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-12-2018, 05:06 AM

I clicked the tv on late, just as Crosby scored to make it 5 or 6 to 1. Boring, so I moved on to the Winnipeg game and saw the Wild score two goals. The crowd were a bunch of duds, there was no atmosphere at all. So I clicked off and went to bed, although it sounds like that game got exciting late.

I'm rested and ready for tonights action, although I'm in a class and will likely have to settle for listening to the last half of the 3rd on the radio driving home.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:21 AM

Yeah, like some of the rest of you I put on the Pens/Flyers game expecting a real knock-down, drag-out fight. But, it was over in about 10 minutes. Disappointing.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_G View Post
I clicked the tv on late, just as Crosby scored to make it 5 or 6 to 1. Boring, so I moved on to the Winnipeg game and saw the Wild score two goals. The crowd were a bunch of duds, there was no atmosphere at all. So I clicked off and went to bed, although it sounds like that game got exciting late.

I'm rested and ready for tonights action, although I'm in a class and will likely have to settle for listening to the last half of the 3rd on the radio driving home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
Yeah, like some of the rest of you I put on the Pens/Flyers game expecting a real knock-down, drag-out fight. But, it was over in about 10 minutes. Disappointing.
As a Pens fan, of course I enjoyed the game, but I'll admit it wasn't good playoff hockey. More like a skills competition featuring Crosby and Malkin. I expect better as the series progresses.

I didn't see any of the game, but saw the game summary of the Golden Knights 1-0 win over the Kings last night. Great start for Fleury and the super underdog expansion Knights!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-12-2018, 07:41 AM

Love hockey. Don't have a favorite team but will soon when hockey returns to Seattle!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 04-12-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty bradbury View Post
Love hockey. Don't have a favorite team but will soon when hockey returns to Seattle!
Here is hoping that actually happens. Would love to see a good rivalry between Vancouver and Seattle. Although if a Seattle team was a good as the new Las Vagas team they would wipe us off the ice.

Celtic harps: 1994 Triplett Excelle, 1998 Triplett Avalon (the first ever made - Steve Triplett's personal prototype)
Old 04-12-2018, 05:37 PM

I’m a Flyers fan. Have pity on me.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty bradbury View Post
I think you'll be getting a team iced in a couple of years.

Let's go Bruins! Tied 1-1 with the Leafs now.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:57 PM

Bruins beat the Leafs like a rented mule 5-1!

Didn't like the dirty hit(s) from behind by Kadri on Wengels. Kadri got 2 + 5 + a game misconduct, and I'd like to see him receive a game suspension by the league.

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-13-2018, 05:06 AM

Kadri has a history, I'm sure that will factor into this and he'll sit the next one out. Every time he gets nailed, he fabricates a scenario that anyone can easily see is false by spending two minutes on youtube. And he's doing it here.

There was a goal called back because the ref lost sight of the puck, should've been 6-1. But it sounds like it was actually closer than the score indicated.

How about those Capitols? They never fail to live down to expectations. If they flame out early again they need to consider blowing the whole thing up. Works great in the regular season, but they've had far too many early departures in the post-season. Something fundamentally wrong with their system.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Kadri has a history, I'm sure that will factor into this and he'll sit the next one out. Every time he gets nailed, he fabricates a scenario that anyone can easily see is false by spending two minutes on youtube. And he's doing it here.

There was a goal called back because the ref lost sight of the puck, should've been 6-1. But it sounds like it was actually closer than the score indicated.

How about those Capitols? They never fail to live down to expectations. If they flame out early again they need to consider blowing the whole thing up. Works great in the regular season, but they've had far too many early departures in the post-season. Something fundamentally wrong with their system.
Yeah Jim, the Caps being the Caps. We've seen that fish before. I watched the OT period where Panarin scored a beauty of a game winner. He's an amazing talent which makes me wonder why the Blackhawks were willing to deal him. He certainly gives the Jackets an element to their roster that they've never had before.

While watching the Jackets vs Caps game highlights this morning I was sickened to see 2 more dangerous hits from behind near the boards perpetrated first by the Jackets' Josh Anderson and then by the Caps' Tom Wilson. Both players who were victimized subsequently left the game and did not return. The league needs to come down hard on the guys who do this. It's a tough physical game when played within the rules. Injuries inevitably happen in the course of legal and well-played playoff action. To have a few irresponsible players add to the attrition of talent by making dangerous, illegal plays seriously detracts from the sport. I hope the punishment meted out by the league to these transgressors is sufficiently strong enough to help protect players who abide by the rules.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-13-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I went to bed with the Caps up 2-1; got up to find them having lost in OT. Same old story. They get quality shots on goal, but they can't put it in the net. Yesterday was the first warm day in DC. Time for the golf course, I guess.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:38 PM

Still waiting for the word from the league about Kadri.

Let go Pens tonight!
Old 04-13-2018, 03:42 PM

The longer it takes the more I think they're going to go 3+ games.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Still waiting for the word from the league about Kadri.

Let go Pens tonight!
Gotta think the Flyers will play a lot better in game 2. I look for Sid to continue his scoring from game 1. No opponent motivates him like the Flyers.

Go Pens!!!!!!!!! 3elieve!!!!!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 04-13-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Gotta think the Flyers will play a lot better in game 2. I look for Sid to continue his scoring from game 1. No opponent motivates him like the Flyers.

Go Pens!!!!!!!!! 3elieve!!!!!!
The puck just dropped. I'm back in Canada for the week-end so I'm watching the Hockey Night in Canada feed.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic