The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 01:23 PM
G625 mistral-k

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Let say you go into Starbucks every day. Depending on the size and drink you order, you'll spend, on average, anywhere between $3.43 and $4.43. Now, I've seen my wife spend more than $7 on a single drink so remember, those are just averages.

"on average, anywhere between $3.43 and $4.43."

If you're ordering a tall drink it's costing you, on average, $3.34 daily, $1,221 annually and $6,105 over 5 years!

A grande drink? $4.10 daily, $1,459 annually and $7,295 over 5 years.

A venti? $4.43 daily, $1,577 annually and a whopping $7,885 over 5 years.

Thats a good chunk of change on burnt coffee...
A cup of coffee runs a $1.85 for a small to $2.45 for a large at Starbucks. Other than an expresso, anything else is a drink concoction which typically has coffee as an ingredient.

We make coffee at home everyday, however when we travel, as we just did for 12 days out west, we sometimes frequent SB for coffee. What you describe as burnt, we describe as strong, which just like in guitar brands and individual guitars, an individual's preferences can be subjective.

Some non players or even players may observe the good chunk of change some AGF members have on multiple brand name guitars. How people spend their money is their business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Not sure what all the criticism gains folks, but go for it. I'm not going to talk anyone out of it.
Agreed, the Starbucks brand bashing baffles me. My better half and I prefer strong, coffee, and in our opinion, SB has strong tasting coffee. We don't bash or degrade D&D for not having strong coffee, comment on their employees, clientele, or prices, we simply choose to purchase elsewhere when their is an option. Some of the negative comments read as though some folks feel superior for their disdain and judgement of Starbucks offerings, prices, employees and clientele.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorsewithnonam View Post
Not a coffee drinker, like the smell, never the taste. So I really know nothing about coffee or the latest coffee fads. In the past 4 months, a few offices have asked if I could pick up an order for them at Starbucks. Sure, I expense it so I don’t care.

Went in with their order, just gave them the sheet as I didn’t know what any of the jargon meant or how to even say it. A girl with purple hair, sleeve tats took my order. Had the personality of a dead plant.

Everyone in there had their Apple laptops open, with headphones on. I was quite intrigued. Kind of watched....No one was doing work. Just on music sites and Facebook. A guy making all the coffees had spikes in his ears and through his nose. It’s like everyone was trying very hard to be cool. Interesting place. I’ve got no interest in being there.

Don’t be so judgmental. Some of us sitting at Facebook and other sites are billing that at either side of $100/hour.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
Don’t be so judgmental. Some of us sitting at Facebook and other sites are billing that at either side of $100/hour.
How on earth am I being judgmental? All I said is this is what I observed. Don’t be judgmental to me.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:58 AM

I always order an iced Frappamappachocalattatino with caramel syrup, whipped cream and crushed hazelnuts.

If I want a coffee I go to Caffe Nero, Costa or Coffee Republic.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahorsewithnonam View Post
How on earth am I being judgmental? All I said is this is what I observed. Don’t be judgmental to me.
What you posted is little more than a personal observation and an opinion .
Bottom line is that you have been judged because of that .
Doesn't make it right .
I am in the club that likes the smell of coffee and detests the taste .
What you have observed at SB is exactly that . It may be different elsewhere , but ......
You are doing nothing wrong .
Old 05-27-2018, 06:09 AM

Folks - We are closing this thread. The topic has been thoroughly discussed and it's time to move on before this simmering pot boils over.

The moderators.

Last edited by srick; 05-27-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic