The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-02-2019, 02:11 PM

Default NHL 2019-2020 Season

It's here - the NHL starts tonight. What teams and story lines are you following?

Go Bruins! Go Pens!
Old 10-02-2019, 05:15 PM

Flames, of course. Oilers, have to. Curious how the Jets and Sens will do, for completely different reasons. I also think the Coyotes will be very good.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 10-02-2019, 05:21 PM

Boston Bruins!
Old 10-03-2019, 11:08 AM

Leafs, have always been my team.
I think this season could be very interesting for a number of teams, time will tell.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
Flames, of course. Oilers, have to. Curious how the Jets and Sens will do, for completely different reasons. I also think the Coyotes will be very good.
I don't see the Sens doing anything this year. The Battle of Alberta - will be great to see Lucic play his former team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Boston Bruins!
Let's hope Chara can play a solid 17 minutes a night. He was still an asset last year and he's in his 40s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockysdad View Post
Leafs, have always been my team.
I think this season could be very interesting for a number of teams, time will tell.
Glad to hear Tavares was named captain. The Leafs should have made that move last year.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:42 PM

Canucks. See if Petterson becomes a bonifide star after winning rookie of the year. Maybe Boesser can keep his snipes rolling. Quinn Hughes projected to help the PP and offence ftom the back end. Off season additions forwards JT Miller, Micheal Ferlund and big D man Tyler Myers and Jordie Benn add size skill and veteran leadership.
Predict Canucks will squeek into a wild card spot.
Regardless Canucks are going to be a handful for opposing teams this year and exciting toowatch.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireside_Guitar View Post
Canucks. See if Petterson becomes a bonifide star after winning rookie of the year. Maybe Boesser can keep his snipes rolling. Quinn Hughes projected to help the PP and offence ftom the back end. Off season additions forwards JT Miller, Micheal Ferlund and big D man Tyler Myers and Jordie Benn add size skill and veteran leadership.
Predict Canucks will squeek into a wild card spot.
Regardless Canucks are going to be a handful for opposing teams this year and exciting toowatch.
Yea, always interesting to watch those great year 1 players in year 2.

Fleury and Vegas are already 2-0. I'm glad he found success there.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:49 AM

The Pens soundly trounced the Sabers 7-2 last night. I知 still getting used to some of the newer faces and admittedly concerned at how long in the tooth the core players are getting, but Pettersen and Guentzel are making my ears perk up and Crosby seems to continue to amaze - even dropping the gloves for the first time in 3-4 years. I just hope Malkin is okay. He left the game early not to return and I知 worried. He needs to make up for last year, not spending time watching from the rafters next to Rust.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
The Pens soundly trounced the Sabers 7-2 last night. I知 still getting used to some of the newer faces and admittedly concerned at how long in the tooth the core players are getting, but Pettersen and Guentzel are making my ears perk up and Crosby seems to continue to amaze - even dropping the gloves for the first time in 3-4 years. I just hope Malkin is okay. He left the game early not to return and I知 worried. He needs to make up for last year, not spending time watching from the rafters next to Rust.
Actually the Pens beat the Blue Jackets 7-2 (the Sabres remained undefeated by beating the Devils 7-2). It was nice for the Pens to get a win after being soundly beaten by the Sabres in their first game, but the Jackets were playing the second of B2B games, and using their backup goalie, so I'm holding my foot off of the enthusiasm throttle for now. I'm also hoping that Malkin's injury isn't a serious one. He seemed really energized in game #1, and showed some leadership by taking his teammates to task for their lack-luster effort. The Pens can ill afford to be without him for very long.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-06-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
Yea, Crosby getting a fighting major. I bet the coach was holding his breath on that one.

Malkin out injured with undisclosed injury. Waiting to hear how long he'll be out.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Actually the Pens beat the Blue Jackets 7-2 (the Sabres remained undefeated by beating the Devils 7-2). It was nice for the Pens to get a win after being soundly beaten by the Sabres in their first game, but the Jackets were playing the second of B2B games, and using their backup goalie, so I'm holding my foot off of the enthusiasm throttle for now. I'm also hoping that Malkin's injury isn't a serious one. He seemed really energized in game #1, and showed some leadership by taking his teammates to task for their lack-luster effort. The Pens can ill afford to be without him for very long.
Sorry. I had a premature senior moment. They played Buffalo last week when Sid got hurt, only to come back for the season opener.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:06 AM

Thumbs up wings 4, stars 3

Anthony Mantha! 4 goals....wow!
Old 10-07-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Yea, Crosby getting a fighting major. I bet the coach was holding his breath on that one.

Malkin out injured with undisclosed injury. Waiting to hear how long he'll be out.
Pens just announced that Malkin will be out "longer term", but the injury is not expected to be season ending. In other bad news for the Pens, Nick Bjugstad will also be out longer term with an injury, although not he's expected to be out as long as Malkin. So the Pens will have to find a way to replace their 2nd and 3rd line centers for a significant amount of time. This season isn't getting off to a great start for my Pens.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 10-07-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Anthony Mantha! 4 goals....wow!
Wow - that's gotta be his first 4 goal game. I know he has at least 1 hat trick (looked it up).
Old 10-08-2019, 07:03 AM

The Leafs, are already stressing me out, and the season has just begun.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic