The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

Default Upgrade to Ozone 8 standard

For my birthday I received the upgrade from Ozone 8 Elements to Ozone 8 standard. I think I'm pretty well set in the post recording area for what I do. Maybe when I retire I'll upgrade my preamp (Zoom H5) to something else. Anyway back to practicing and enjoying my playing which is 99% of any recording.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Congrats and Happy BDay. Good time to do it, Ozone is on sale for a few more days.

I just bought Standard as an upgradeto an old iZotope Maximizer plug in i had, and after a couple days I went w/ the Advanced upgrade. I was able to get Standard and then Advanced upgrades for under $200.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

I've been using Ozone since version 5, about 7 years, and am currently using version 8 advanced. It's an excellent suite of plugins, sophisticated and well implemented, although it does have a bit of a learning curve. Sonic results are also excellent. Upgrade costs are reasonable.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

I tried the reference feature on a mix, I had recorded a soundscape w/ electric guitar and syth that is kinda like the songs on Bill Frisell's "Music Is" album.

I loaded in Bill's track for reference, loaded in mine, Ozone 8 did it's magic, I made a few more tweaks and I'm overjoyed w/ the results, an amazing tool.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:36 PM
Charter Member

It's really nice to tinker around with a getting a decent sound now is a lot easier with it. I use it as a plug in to Rx 7 Elements.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD