The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-19-2013, 07:09 AM

Default Guitar by Amerigo Gozzi (Italy)

This is the first time that I write a post on my guitars in this forum. This post is a presentation of my models. So I ask excuse for my bad english, but I'm not very good in this language.
There are, down, few of my jobs.

This is the first acoustic guitar that I built: "Gozzi Sette" a model based on the Gibson L-00 of 1940 (Engelmann spruce + African Mahogany)

The next guitar is a model that I called "Noah", a grand-auditorium model guitar built in Italian Spruce and Curly Ovangkol of sub-Saharian Africa:

I used the same model for my 12 strings guitar, the "Noah 12" a guitar built with Italian Spruce and Mediterranean Olive wood:

http://www.amerigogozzi.com
Old 06-19-2013, 07:10 AM

The next model is very particular. A classic archtop guitar built in white spruce wood and black poplar with a bangkirai fretboard. This is an experiment-guitar and the fret are fanned:

For my grand-concert model I have the "rebecca" model, a guitar built in Italian Spruce for the top, and Indian rosewood for the back and sides. The fingerboard is built in african ebony and there are a few particular adornment: the armrest, the rosette and same others..

Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 AM

The next model is called "Alessan-D000" and is a fusion of the models D and 000. In particular, this guitars is dedicated at my father and are the particularity that be "asimmetric" (the bout are asimmetrical... see photo) for a more confortably playing.
(Top: Italian Spruce, Back and Side: Italian Walnut)

The development of the AlessanD-000 have induced the born of the "Alessan-D000 Cutway Model" A guitar built in Alpine Spruce and Italian Cipress:

Last edited by amerigo_gozzi; 06-20-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 AM

The last guitar it was build for celebrate the born of the first son of my brother. Is a little model like a 00, but have few particularities, like the fanned fret on the fretboard and design. This guitar is built used Italian Spruce and Silver Oak. The rosette symbolize the flags of italy (My brother) and of estonia (sister-in-law), parents of my nephew. The two flags are tie to symbolize a DNA ribbon! The name of this guitar is "Thirtsah".

These are a few of my guitars. Several guitars are actually (in this time) on build: a new Thirtsah model in indian rosewood and cedar; a fanned fret Rebecca model in bloodwood and Italian Spruce; a classic guitar based on torres model in Cedar and Italian walnut; Several electric guitars and hollow body guitar and so much other. For more infos visit my website: www.amerigogozzi.com and thank'you!!!

Old 06-19-2013, 10:32 AM
AGF Sponsor

Amerigo,

Very beautiful guitars! I really like your sense of design. Your bridge is very original.

Wonderful!
Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright
Old 06-19-2013, 03:33 PM

I am totally in love with that archtop! I love the 12 string too, especially that beautiful olive wood. Fantastic work!
Old 06-19-2013, 11:26 PM
AGF Sponsor

Fantastic! If Elrond of Rivendell were a guitar aficionado, he would absolutely have to have several of your instruments. They are magical. Please show us more. Maybe you could show us how you build them.

Thanks for the fascinating tour!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:24 AM

Thank you all for the lovely words that you spend about my work. I'm very proud about your comments, especially because I think that in this forum there are the better builders of the world and I'm not worthy for yours compliments!
Certainly in the next posts I will go to explain my costructive method about acoustic guitar! Thank you to all and see you soon!

Old 06-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

You should be proud! Your work is original and delightful to see. It would be great if you could post some sound clips as well. Thank you for sharing your work with us!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 06-20-2013, 10:06 AM

Dear Amerigo--Fascinating instruments. Could you say how olive wood behaved as a tonewood? I have always wondered about it! Thanks. --Richard
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Love the bridge design on the Noah--and that Olivewood looks killer! Really beautiful instruments--thanks for sharing them.....
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 06-21-2013, 06:51 AM

Thank you to all. I'm very happy for your posts. I will be far from my home for a few days (next days) but when I will came back to home, I write you about olive wood and sound clips.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:18 AM

Good morning at all! Excuse me for the retard... now I will talk you about my guitars construction method. For example I will send few photos about construction of Thirtsah model. I just talked about Thirstah guitar, and I sayed that it is a small guitar.
This is the project layout (In this first version of layout there was a error in the bridge...):

The materials was choose:

And on a hot bending iron the sides are bent (sorry I haven't photos about this operation); Next the bent sides was glued to hellblock and tailblock.

The back and the top was renforced by my personal desig's bracing system (derived by the great classic designs).

After, the sides was glued on top and the soundbox was closed by the back.

The neck is glued on the sounbox. It's important put carefully in this operation. The neck must be perfectly on axis with the body!

Finally the guitar is sanded and painted. In this case I utilized "French polishing" finish. In other guitars I use nitrocellulose laquer (spry gun).

If you want know olive wood response, you can visit my youtube video gallery (excuse me for the low quality of the playing - I'm not a musiscian- and of the video, ... but I think that it's possible have a idea of a sound of this wood by this videos).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UJ_XytqG35M

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop