The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-18-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Emerson View Post
Hi Ross,
If you're looking to play 'Tele' sort of stuff through an acoustic amp it may require a pedal so as to not overload the system/speakers, etc.

Larry Campbell uses a pair of Fishman Loudbox Performer amps playing a Tele, and his Martin, and I thought it sounded perfect for each facet.

I play my Tele through a Fishman Loudbox Performer, using very heavy strings tuned down to C'Vestapol, so the speakers are getting a real workout. I don't use any pedals.

Here's an actual example of a bottleneck fingerstyle piece I'm working on. The delay you hear is from the built in effects on the Loudbox.

Enjoy!

Howard
Howard, sounds very nice! Good playing and tasteful composition. Has me wanting to tool around on a tele too!
Harmony h162
Old 07-18-2018, 11:06 AM

Our lead guitar player often uses his Tele and Fender Acoustasonic Jr. with a Boss multi-FX pedal. Sounds great.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars