The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 AM

Default Volume pedal for Mic?

I recently purchased a wireless mic that is used for audience participation. So far it has been fantastic, really gets the crowd into it when someone is singing along at the tables. I am just wondering if there are any volume pedals out there that are more suited to a mic. Some people sing too far away from the mic and some sing way too close. Then there is the occasional person that needs to be droped because they cant carry a tune in a bucket

The reciever has a balanced xlr out as well as an unbalanced 1/4" out. I would prefer to stick with the balanced out, but I havent ever seen and volume pedals that will accept that. Will switching over to the undbalanced out have any adverse affect on the quality?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 AM

Any ideas on this yet?
Old 10-19-2006, 09:12 AM
minister of twang

sorry. was hoping someone would chime in. proco (procosound.com) makes a zillion pedals for mics that switch them on/off and stuff, but in terms of a volume pedal i didn't see anything. they do have a bunch that are xlr tho...

if you're not married to the xlr thing and could go 1/4" in/out, then something in the good ol' boss fv- pedal line would probably work.

i wish more pedals had xlr in/outs...

good luck. maybe someone will have other ideas.

[ya know... you could chain maybe a proco on/off stomp switch pedal to a boss volume pedal....]
l'twangage
Old 10-20-2006, 11:38 PM

I can't visualize the setup you're speaking of - a wireless mic and a volume pedal? But regardless, wouldn't a simple mixer do the same thing for you? And it will take XLR, too.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:51 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmindless View Post
-".....a wireless mic and a volume pedal?.....wouldn't a simple mixer do the same thing for you....."
(My thoughts as well.....but then I'm not really up to speed regarding any sort of in-line pedal(s) for Mic.use.)
Good luck.....

'00 814BCE - '00 855BCE - '01 Baby - '05 910CE-L7 - '05 T5-C2 KOA
'57 000-18 Martin - '00 SPJC-16RE Martin
50th. Anniversary Strat.
........(4 Sale)
MACKIE 1202-VLZPro - MACKIE 808M - MACKIE SRM450(s)
CA.BLONDE II - ACOUSTASONIC SFX - ACOUSTASONIC JR's(2)
SHURE SM-58(s) - SHURE SM-86

"If You Can Walk You Can Dance....If You Can Talk You Can Sing"
Old 10-21-2006, 05:27 PM

That would work, except I would like to be able to turn the volume down easily in the middle of a song. As of right now I reach over with my left hand and turn them down a little bit at the mixer. This doesnt work very well because I am still trying to play the song and it is pretty noticeable. I would love to be able to turn them down without them really knowing it. The main problem is that one person comes up and sings very softly and the next person screams.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstancil View Post
. . .The main problem is that one person comes up and sings very softly and the next person screams.
Not that it'd solve every issue, but you could always try compressing the poot out of it--that might help address the screamers.
________
Free Kmart Gift Cards

Last edited by FLDavid; 04-08-2011 at 06:56 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell