The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 07-07-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
I have recently switched to IPhone (8) for video after trying it (Filmic) and being blown away by the quality and simplicity- easy to import and edit in LumaFusion too..
You are not helping me resist installing LumaFusion, you know (grin). Have you used a computer based NLE for comparison?

Fran
The Homebrewed Music Blog
Old 07-07-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
I am truly amazed at sound quality, video quality, & the lovely sound of your playing. Loved the very defined guitar tone.
Previously I had not been interested in a carbon fiber..but your sounds sublime. What company and model is that one?
Mine is a Composite Acoustics OX Raw. CA aimed at replicating a wood guitar sound and feel, so they braced the tops of several models with very conventional X bracing. They also did some that were less conventional, with offset soundhole and such. Probably their most popular model was the Cargo travel guitar, but their very attractive pricing probably contributed to their cash flow problems and eventual demise.

Peavey bought the company and the post Peavey guitars I've tried have been fine but they can be hard to find in stores.

I would assign part of the sound quality to the mics I used. The Audio Technica AT3035 is something of an unheralded gem in my opinion. I stumbled over an NOS pair just as they went out of production and I've been very happy with them even though they have to compete with some much higher priced items in my mic collection.

Fran
Old 07-07-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran Guidry View Post
You are not helping me resist installing LumaFusion, you know (grin). Have you used a computer based NLE for comparison?

Fran

Yes, I used a Windows based software (sorry the name escapes me but it was a decent one) - LumaFusion just seemed easier and more intuitive and I went back to it

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig
Old 07-07-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Agreed. Not much exposure to carbon fiber guitars but this one sounds great. In the studio I've recorded a few cellos and they didn't.
I wonder how you'd feel handling the OX in person - it's allllmost wooden sounding, but not quite. I wouldn't put it anywhere near the top of my collection but the competition is pretty stiff around here. And the CA is the one I grab if there's any question of difficult conditions, I've played it in the rain, in freezing cold, and in blazing heat and it just hangs in there.

Fran
Old 07-07-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
Well done!

Some of my Open Mic friends and I are putting up daily posts on Facebook to keep the O/M spirit alive. FIRST TAKES ONLY are allowed (just as if you're performing live).

Most of us, like me, just sing into our iPhones and post it straight to FB. It's not studio quality, but it's not bad and none of us in our 60/70's are looking for a record deal. LOL!!!

My phone is a iPhone 11 Pro and I love it.
I love your idea of a virtual open mic, and I have similar warm feelings about my XS Max. I was using a 6+ and each time a new iPhone was announced I felt like I needed more to trigger the upgrade. But when the 6 died and the 12 is on the horizon I discovered Gazelle for refurb phones and got a great deal on a 512 XS Max. Now I'm wondering if I'll jump in the 12 or wait for the 13 (grin).

Fran

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD