The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 06:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
I'll just chime in as a (sadly) former Beneteau guitar owner that Marc's workmanship is exquisite and so are his guitars. Very lively, very responsive and very balanced. They're just deeply MUSICAL musical instruments, redundant as that might sound.

This is a great price on a fine guitar, and hopefully someone reading this will put together the funds and buy it soon.

Wade Hampton Miller
I'm in the same boat as Wade. I've owned two of Marc's instruments and am wondering why I moved them along. Top shelf in every respect. Seems like a good price. Good luck with sale.
Emerald X-20 Custom SS

Life's been good to me so far....
Old 04-26-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
Marc’s standard neck profile is essentially a shallow C. Pretty much perfect in my opinion. It’s been remarkably consistant out of the 5 I’ve had over the past few years ranging from 2008-2018. If this was through Paramount Ken probably just had him keep it standard. I’m pretty sure Ken owns a Model M himself in adirondack/Honduran as well!

Again, I’m the crazy Beneteau guy....lol. Glad to help provide info so this beauty finds a home!
Thanks for the info, Dustin. I agree with your input completely. Kenn did mention his M and said it is older. He said he was impressed with its build quality and sustainability. With all of these wonderful comments, I am starting to find it more difficult to let her go. But with lifestyle changes and other interests, I am sure she would not get the attention that is deserved. Thanks again!
Old 04-26-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbintegrity View Post
This one has got me thinking..... short scale.... woohoo do you know the string spacing at the bridge ? any pics of the peghead from and rear and maybe full back and front ?
Thanks,
Dan
Dan, the string spacing is 2-3/16. The website has pictures of peghead front and rear, although they are a bit blurry. http://www.paramountguitars.net/gtr/BeneteauMre.htm Mine were too and will have to take some new ones.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:55 AM

PM's answered. Please let me know if I missed one. Thanks for all of the interest. Many offers, but not quite the right one yet.

Last edited by Teachrguy; 04-26-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
I'll just chime in as a (sadly) former Beneteau guitar owner that Marc's workmanship is exquisite and so are his guitars. Very lively, very responsive and very balanced. They're just deeply MUSICAL musical instruments, redundant as that might sound.

This is a great price on a fine guitar, and hopefully someone reading this will put together the funds and buy it soon.

Wade Hampton Miller
Thanks Wade. It is a amazing guitar. Still looking for a new home.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:50 AM

Sunday bump for a great guitar. Marc recently raised his base price to $7000---this could be one of the few chances left at this price for a low mileage, slightly used, mint Beneteau. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks!
For inspiration, here's a clip of an M model https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Edn...ature=youtu.be Different wood configuration from mine, but very similar sound and the same playability-----

Last edited by Teachrguy; 04-28-2019 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:10 AM
Musical minimalist

Absolutely shocked this is still here - testament to a VERY soft market.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Thanks. Me too. Maybe a testament to Marc's guitars not being as well known or as appreciated as some. I personally think his guitars are a great value and rank up there with guitars going for much more $$.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Yeah, it’s understandable in a sense since Marc has less than 900 guitars floating around - but Don Ross, Tony McManus and Paul Heumiller from dream guitars have all custom ordered several of his guitars. I’m on my second commission

I played many guitars over $10k at Woodstock last year that didn’t respond as clearly and play as easy as my old Model M or CS that were 5 and $7k. Marc is just a humble master, honestly. His raise to 7k base price was way overdue. This would be $7500 if ordered new, as the bevel is $500.

Whoever buys this will be incredibly happy, as the Model M just seems to do everything well... the only reason I ever sold mine was to afford the euro/Blackwood CS i dropped 7k on. Maybe if I’m lucky the Model M will find it’s way back to me one day.

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars