The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Great info, Cat. Aside from this what's the thought in Pens Land about Jarry? Is he still going to be the goalie of the future?
No word from the organization regarding this, but numerous media folks who cover the Pens believe that Jarry will probably be traded (or bought out) so as to afford him a fresh start somewhere else, and that the Pens will sign a veteran FA goalie this off season.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 05-28-2021, 05:32 PM

Still pulling for the Leafs! Tough loss. There's another party in this house that a playoff win would really mean something. I've heard about the old Maple Leaf Garden. History of this series. Cheering for the hometown team of your youth.
Yea, a playoff win would be a big thing around here. Go Leafs!
Old 05-28-2021, 10:55 PM

OK. Islander fans. As a Bruin fan should I be worried? If you have any insider information I would be interested. My Bruins need a walk in the park. That is not available at this point. Shoot! This may get my heart going... Good luck to all.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
OK. Islander fans. As a Bruin fan should I be worried? If you have any insider information I would be interested. My Bruins need a walk in the park. That is not available at this point. Shoot! This may get my heart going... Good luck to all.
Well: This will be just the third postseason series between the Bruins and Islanders, and the first since the 1983 Eastern Conference Final, a series won by the Isles in six games on the way to their fourth and final Stanley Cup championship of their dynasty. The Islanders also won a second-round series with the Bruins back in 1980.

But that was then and this is now! Here's to a great series!
Old 05-29-2021, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Bruins lost the first 5 games this season with a record of 0-3-2. Bruins won the last 3 games though. I'm not sure who's the favorite in this series? Game 1 tonight!

Congrats to Marc-Andre Fleury for another series win. Rooting for him.
Old 05-29-2021, 06:50 AM

Go Hurricanes!

Flying under the radar for most folks, which I prefer, but Brind'Amour has them playing with great energy and passion. Next series with Tampa Bay should be a classic.
Old 05-29-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock View Post
Go Hurricanes!

Flying under the radar for most folks, which I prefer, but Brind'Amour has them playing with great energy and passion. Next series with Tampa Bay should be a classic.
Agreed! As a "second tier" Hartford Whalers fan, I've always rooted for the Canes! Great fans. Good luck!!
Old 05-29-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock View Post
Go Hurricanes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Agreed! As a "second tier" Hartford Whalers fan, I've always rooted for the Canes! Great fans. Good luck!!
I'll be rooting for the Hurricanes in this series. Something special about those old Hartford whalers... same with any small market team that got moved.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I'll be rooting for the Hurricanes in this series. Something special about those old Hartford whalers... same with any small market team that got moved.
People in CT STILL mourn the loss!
Old 05-29-2021, 09:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
No walks in the park in this league. Just look at the first round matchups to see why this is the hardest trophy to win, period. Anybody else notice there's real hitting out there...?
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 05-29-2021, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
No walks in the park in this league. Just look at the first round matchups to see why this is the hardest trophy to win, period. Anybody else notice there's real hitting out there...?
Mr. Tavares knows about hits.

A couple of big games tonight. Toronto and Montreal and Boston at NY Islanders. Sounds like great Hockey Night in Canada episodes. Hopefully Ron MacLean is back.
Old 05-30-2021, 06:17 AM

Montreal vs Toronto tied 3-3. Now I'm conflicted after pulling the Habs through a tough series but I think I'll jump on the Leafs wagon, they haven't won as much over the years as Montreal. Toronto's St. Mikes use to supply us (Mich Tech) with good "Junior A" players "back in the day" too!

Fog
Old 05-30-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
Montreal vs Toronto tied 3-3. Now I'm conflicted after pulling the Habs through a tough series but I think I'll jump on the Leafs wagon, they haven't won as much over the years as Montreal. Toronto's St. Mikes use to supply us (Mich Tech) with good "Junior A" players "back in the day" too!

Fog
St Michael's, great hockey program including Eric Lindros.

I don't like Montreal but oddly enough I'll be rooting for Montreal in Game 7 just because of the upset factor. Isn't that crazy? If Toronto were to make it to the conference finals/Cup finals I'd probably root for them just for their fans. Leafs winning the Stanley Cup for the first time since '67 would be huge and an NHL 'feel good' story.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

The two teams that met on the last day of the regular season to decide the President's Trophy start their series tonight.

In the 2nd round? Ok LOL.

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 05-30-2021, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
The two teams that met on the last day of the regular season to decide the President's Trophy start their series tonight.

In the 2nd round? Ok LOL.
That must be Colorado and Las Vegas. I'm rooting for Nathan McKinnon as he's also from Halifax Nova Scotia as are Sidney Crosby and Brad Marchand. I'm also rooting for Marc-Andre Fleury (who played his junior hockey here in NS).

You're Rockies, correct? Great team.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic