The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
AE - how you doing? Game 3 tonight in Boston!

How about Marc-Andre Fleury with another playoff win, #82. 10 more wins and he's 3rd all time, currently 6th.
B’s win in double OT!
Old 05-20-2021, 04:18 PM

Gonna watch Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens tonight! I guess I'm just old school "6 team" NHL.

Fog
Old 05-20-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogducker View Post
Gonna watch Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens tonight! I guess I'm just old school "6 team" NHL.

Fog
I'll be watching this series as well, it's been too long for these two against each other in the playoffs.

I'll be hoping for the Leafs to win.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:07 PM
Charter Member

Nathan MacKinnon, 5 goals in two games.

Nazem Kadri is going to be sent down the river for multiple games as he should be.

Avs spend long stretches scrambling in their own end and giving up too many odd man rushes, but man are they scary when they are moving the puck up the ice.

I'm thinking Ryan O'Reilly will have the Blues ready for game 3.

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 05-20-2021, 09:53 PM

Mr. Kadri needs to be sat down on a couch and given time to contemplate. It's become a problem. When I played the game of hockey we saw bullies as being fearful. I wish I could use better language. He does what he does out of fear not dominance. He needs to sit down and think about getting out of the game. At 6'0 tall he plays scared.

Last edited by Jobe; 05-20-2021 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:07 PM

John Tavares is out indefinitely. Don't expect him back in the playoffs although I guess it could be possible if the Leafs make the Stanley Cup finals.

I think Montreal has a chance in this series, which is something I didn't think before game 1.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:38 PM

Can the Pens/Isles series be any tighter? Nice win by the Pens last night, but still lots of time left! Go Isles!

PS: Bruins never say "die" Dru!
Old 05-21-2021, 07:59 PM

Quote:
John Tavares is out indefinitely. Don't expect him back in the playoffs although I guess it could be possible if the Leafs make the Stanley Cup finals.

I think Montreal has a chance in this series, which is something I didn't think before game 1.

That was a horribly frightening thing to see happen to Tavares, I’m certain he’s not going to be back this year.
I’m still hoping Toronto gets it together and play like they can.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:11 PM

Bruins go up 3-1 in the series against the Caps. Well played game all around by the 'B's'. Defense was stellar. They got the day off yesterday to relax and unwind without even an easy skate around. They came in ready tonight! Big win! Washington displays less and less class as the series goes on. To many cheap shots after the whistles when the play is over. I won't get into the head shot that took a player out of the game. You can body a player but no, you nail the head. That should be jail time. Enough of that gentlemen. Oh, hello refs! I see you brought your whistles tonight. To bad you don't know how to use them in a gamely manner.
Old 05-22-2021, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Can the Pens/Isles series be any tighter? Nice win by the Pens last night, but still lots of time left! Go Isles!

PS: Bruins never say "die" Dru!
Hey Larry, Bruins up 3-1! Lots of life in the Pens/Isles series too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockysdad View Post
That was a horribly frightening thing to see happen to Tavares, I’m certain he’s not going to be back this year.
I’m still hoping Toronto gets it together and play like they can.
Yea, I don't expect Tavares back this year. Hopefully this isn't the start of the end for him. Serious concussions can linger for months/years. It took Crosby a long time for him to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
Bruins go up 3-1 in the series against the Caps. Well played game all around by the 'B's'. Defense was stellar. They got the day off yesterday to relax and unwind without even an easy skate around. They came in ready tonight! Big win! Washington displays less and less class as the series goes on. To many cheap shots after the whistles when the play is over. I won't get into the head shot that took a player out of the game. You can body a player but no, you nail the head. That should be jail time. Enough of that gentlemen. Oh, hello refs! I see you brought your whistles tonight. To bad you don't know how to use them in a gamely manner.
Regarding the headshot, I'm waiting to hear if Kevan Miller (Bruins) is going to be ok. He was taken to the hospital.

Nazem Kadri gets 8 games... which is fair, as would have been 12 games. I just wish that players would also lose a prorated part of their paycheck during the playoffs. Hopefully the new CBA will address this.
Old 05-23-2021, 10:22 PM

Bruins finished it out tonight to take the series. I am glad to get away from the Caps. They are a big and physical team but not always in the right way. The Bruins were not intimidated and just simply outplayed them. The road ahead will not be easy but I like this Bruin team. I wish them the best.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Bruins finished it out tonight to take the series. I am glad to get away from the Caps. They are a big and physical team but not always in the right way. The Bruins were not intimidated and just simply outplayed them. The road ahead will not be easy but I like this Bruin team. I wish them the best.
Go Bruins! I wish Chara would have accepted less playing time this year rather than leave for the Caps.

How about Marc-Andre Fleury? No one wanted him this past off season and look what he's done this season and playoffs. Outstanding.
Old 05-24-2021, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Go Bruins! I wish Chara would have accepted less playing time this year rather than leave for the Caps.

How about Marc-Andre Fleury? No one wanted him this past off season and look what he's done this season and playoffs. Outstanding.

I think the Bruins team all miss Chara as a team mate. But I think the team also had a plan. The defense is moving to a very mobile and aggressive bunch. The way they play takes speed as they are not afraid to overload the strongside of the opponent but back off if things go iffy. Chara can't play that game. I love Chara but it takes young legs to do this defensive strategy. I used to be young too. I swear! Go Bruins.
Old 05-24-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
I think the Bruins team all miss Chara as a team mate. But I think the team also had a plan. The defense is moving to a very mobile and aggressive bunch. The way they play takes speed as they are not afraid to overload the strongside of the opponent but back off if things go iffy. Chara can't play that game. I love Chara but it takes young legs to do this defensive strategy. I used to be young too. I swear! Go Bruins.
Well said. Kudos to the B's advancing. I hope they meet my Isles for a great series!!!
Old 05-25-2021, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Well said. Kudos to the B's advancing. I hope they meet my Isles for a great series!!!
Wait a minute. "Your Isles". If I become an AGF Moderator can I own the Bruins? Ok, just joking. As a Bruin fan I don't know who to hope for between the Isles and the Pens. We will see. By the way, we all see which way you're leaning. I may have to limit your posts going forward but then again I have no authority. Good luck for your Isles moving ahead.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic