The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-09-2021, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
I just picked up this Wildwood Thin Skin '65...

Well done!

I'm hoping to stumble across a deal on a shell pink thin skin jazzy some day.
Old 06-09-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Well done!

I'm hoping to stumble across a deal on a shell pink thin skin jazzy some day.

I like shell pink, my G&L is that color, although my friend calls it Pepto Bismol pink...

Old 06-09-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherrcat View Post
I bought an American Original 60's Jazzmaster a couple of years ago and love it. I replaced the bridge and tremolo arm/collet with Stay-Trem and recently replaced the pickups, but I think the pickups it came with, Pure Vintage 65, are good too. (Replacing the collet was a PITA. Fender really torques that nut!)

There are two for sale right now at Black Bobbin...

https://blackbobbin.com/collections/used
I like the bridge on my current Wildwood Thin Skin Jaguar, but I may get the Staytrem collet just because I like to keep the trem arm tight with no play in the arm that can turn into a rattle.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
I like the bridge on my current Wildwood Thin Skin Jaguar, but I may get the Staytrem collet just because I like to keep the trem arm tight with no play in the arm that can turn into a rattle.
That is precisely why I changed mine. Don't know if the Jaguar and Jazzmaster collets are the same, but be prepared for the fight...!
Old 06-10-2021, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherrcat View Post
That is precisely why I changed mine. Don't know if the Jaguar and Jazzmaster collets are the same, but be prepared for the fight...!
I changed both the bridge and trem on my parts Jaguar to Halon units and they changed the tone, in a great way, but I wanted to keep the Wildwood Jag more vintage Fender sounding, so I thought the Staytrem would be good for that. But don't worry, I've got the right tools for the job, I've been working on my parts Jaguar since I've got it, and it's had three different trems on it. It's great now, but it took me a while to get it there The parts Jag is a hotrod, the Wildwood Jag is total vintage sounding.

The parts Jag...

The Wildwood Jag...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars