The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 06-24-2021, 08:43 PM
Charter Member

Default Godin Multiac Nylon, thoughts?

I am looking for a nylon string electric to use on some of my recordings. Right now, the Multiac seems like a good choice, though there are other options. Have any of you owned or played one? What are you general thoughts? Also, would you recommend the grand concert chambered body version or the slim version which I think is solid?

I think the slim would be easier to play since I'm not used to the wide nut of a nylon string classical, but I think I could adapt. From YouTube videos, it seems like the grand concert SA might be a little more natural sounding? Since I don't gig, feedback isn't likely an issue.

So, thoughts on these guitars? I would be mostly playing direct input into a DAW but occasionally through an amp. Looking for Latin sounds, often with lots of reverb.

Lastly, anyone know if the more recent Multiacs have upgraded components/pickups over one that's a few years old?
Old 06-25-2021, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

Anyone play these?
Old 06-25-2021, 06:57 PM

Go Duet Ambiance. Best pickup system I've ever used.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 06-25-2021, 07:03 PM

You might want to play one of each for comparison. I had it in my head that I wanted to replace my student-grade classical with a nice nylon string crossover but I quickly found the narrower nut width with the wider (than steel) nylon strings was too tight. I ended up buying a Cordoba C10 with a 2” nut. It’s always good to audition in person, if possible.
Cordoba C-10
Martin 000-15
... and a few others ...
Old 06-26-2021, 03:43 AM

I played a duet ambience about a year ago. Well-made and a excellent playability. One thing that really jumped out at me was how HEAVY the guitar was. I prefer a lighter weight instrument, YMMV.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogsnax View Post
I played a duet ambience about a year ago. Well-made and a excellent playability. One thing that really jumped out at me was how HEAVY the guitar was. I prefer a lighter weight instrument, YMMV.
I love my Godin Multiacs and rarely play anything else live, but yeah, they are heavy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars