The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 07-21-2018, 07:46 PM

Dru I'm driving up to Memphis (from Houston) tomorrow morning for my very first guitar camp:

https://tommyemmanuelguitarcampmemphis.com/

Very excited!

--gordon
Old 07-21-2018, 08:10 PM

Good Morning to you and all our forum members.

I was up before 4 a.m. getting ready for a short trip to your old temporary stomping grounds in Charleston. My wife and I took our daughter to CAMC for some scans scheduled at 8 and 9 this morning. We arrived early and were walking out at 8:45. Returned home, ate some breakfast and then grabbed the T5 Played some regular songs for about 45 minutes and then learned a couple of new ones.

This afternoon I decided I'd take a ride on the motorcycle and was fortunate that our daughter wanted to ride. About an hour and half into the ride, the skies darkened and the rain came. And to think that when we pulled out there was no indication of rain. Oh well, if you ride a motorcycle, sooner or later the rain will find you.

We had a great day!!!
Old 07-21-2018, 08:40 PM

Well, rain so took the grandkids to a mall. Played in the indoor playground then an indoor train ride around the mall....was fun. Then to lunch with them. Funny kids. Then home...surfing web, playing my guitars on the porch.

Dinner at our little Mexican restaurant. Grandson came over later with a little doctor kit. Wanted to exam us! So cute. He brought a saw!!!! Said it was for surgery! Just ordered Nike’s latest court tennis shoes. Enjoying a bottle of Gnarley Head Pinot Noir and surfing the web.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:53 PM

The usual stuff. I always look forward to the peace and quiet of the weekdays.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:51 PM

We are on the mainland for a few days ( without a guitar ) seeing the grandchildren . Priceless [emoji106]
Yamaha SLG200S
Yamaha NTX1200R
Taylor GSMiniE Rosewood
Joe Brown Uke
AER Compact 60
Marshall AS50D

Now 100% Acoustic and loving it ! No more GAS
Old 07-22-2018, 07:19 AM

Oh, Arlo Guthrie. Yes I know who he is but not well enough to go by his first name. Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
You play acoustic guitar and don't know who he is?

https://www.arloguthrie.com

Here's a primer:

<<snippet video>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Had a nice visit and lunch with Tim and Mary Mcknight today - always a pleasure.

Tomorrow I'm going to my old hometown and play golf with my old bass player from the 70's who I've been lifelong friends with.

More excitement than this homebody is used to
Todd - sounds like a great way to spend a day - with Tim and Mary.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:21 AM

Hi Tom, lots packed into a day. T5 and a bike ride with your daughter must be a great day, even with the rain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefooter View Post
Good Morning to you and all our forum members.

I was up before 4 a.m. getting ready for a short trip to your old temporary stomping grounds in Charleston. My wife and I took our daughter to CAMC for some scans scheduled at 8 and 9 this morning. We arrived early and were walking out at 8:45. Returned home, ate some breakfast and then grabbed the T5 Played some regular songs for about 45 minutes and then learned a couple of new ones.

This afternoon I decided I'd take a ride on the motorcycle and was fortunate that our daughter wanted to ride. About an hour and half into the ride, the skies darkened and the rain came. And to think that when we pulled out there was no indication of rain. Oh well, if you ride a motorcycle, sooner or later the rain will find you.

We had a great day!!!
Old 07-22-2018, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcr View Post
Oh, him.

I thought - probably like most people - that you were going to see Arlo Bugeja, the Australian speedway driver.
I must not be "most people".

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 07-22-2018, 08:23 PM

Just got back from seeing Arlo Guthrie. This is the 45th anniversary from when I first saw him (with Pete Seeger at that show). He did a bunch of different songs, which was nice, including some Donovan and Bob Dylan songs. His updated version of Alice's Restaurant was great, too. Boy, did he have some great stories to tell, many about his father; Arlo is just as outspoken about these current times as his dad ever was about his. Loved it!
Old 07-23-2018, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
Just got back from seeing Arlo Guthrie. This is the 45th anniversary from when I first saw him (with Pete Seeger at that show). He did a bunch of different songs, which was nice, including some Donovan and Bob Dylan songs. His updated version of Alice's Restaurant was great, too. Boy, did he have some great stories to tell, many about his father; Arlo is just as outspoken about these current times as his dad ever was about his. Loved it!
Thanks for following up, Jeff. I did listen to some Arlo and Woody a couple of years ago but that's the only extent of my listening.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic