The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-15-2000, 01:13 AM

Post Ltd Edition 810BCE

I saw and played one of the new special edition Brazilian 810s at Alamo Music in San Antonio today. What a pretty guitar and boy did it sound good. The Wood was very well figured and the stain was lighter than normal for 800 series so the figure really stood out. It had that cool Celtic knot inlay on the back too.

My pocket book is sure glad it was an 810 and not an 814... (Oh darn, they say there is an 814BCE on the way. Keep telling yourself, you do not want the electronics on a classy guitar...)

------------------
George Wilson
Old 10-19-2000, 05:24 AM

Omigosh! I've been looking for a 810-BCE. Do you know if Alamo Music still has it? If you can, can you get more information on their company? Gosh, I want to buy that guitar (getting money in like two months though (well mid january, doh).
Old 10-19-2000, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Warblade:
Omigosh! I've been looking for a 810-BCE. Do you know if Alamo Music still has it? If you can, can you get more information on their company? Gosh, I want to buy that guitar (getting money in like two months though (well mid january, doh).
I don't have phone number handy but it is:
Alamo Music
the Blanco Road store
San Antonio, TX

That should be enough to get it from Ma'Bell or the web yellow pages. Ask for Maurice or Tommy Munter. They do have a lay away program and they usually offer 30% off on Taylors but I don't know if either apply to special guitars.

Old 10-19-2000, 11:19 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

You can place an order for a brand new one, and you'll have it in about three months. By that time you should have the cash if Christmas doesn't break you!

J.R.
Old 10-19-2000, 02:46 PM

Hehe, Unfortunately I'm a struggling college student right now, so funds are always low (well until January that is =)). I have a nice CD in the bank that comes out with about $5K in it, and I'm gonna go shopping for my first Taylor =).
Usually when you order a guitar, they make you pay mucho bucks in advance (usually 1/2 price atleast) which would totally break my bank at this time. =(

Thanks for the info GRW3, I'll try to get in contact with them (my father actually travels to and from San Antonio and here (The Bay Area) quite often for work).

Randall
Old 10-19-2000, 05:44 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Really? Most of the dealers I deal with only require 20% down. Good luck! I understand the lack of funds thing. Taylor guitars are worth it, though. Consider that you'll probably never need to buy another acoustic.

J.R.
Old 10-19-2000, 10:13 PM

Haha, omigosh. Ok, I went into another taylor dealer place today in San Jose. They didn't have a 810bce, or even a 810ce (though they did have a 810, didn't sound that great though), but when I inquiried about ordering one, got a estimate (which was a pretty good price, I think, but you guys can shoot off what a good priced 810ce would be if ya like), and said they would only need like 200$ down, and 6-8 weeks for delivery! Wow! It's too bad I don't get money until January, or man, I would have that in a flash! *Warblade wants time to go faster and skip ahead to January*

Hehe, it's my birthday next week, anyone want to buy me a 810bce? *laugh*
Randall
Old 11-06-2000, 01:22 AM

Talking

Hrm, well still going in my quest to find a 810BCE. I told my father about my desire to obtain this guitar and since he used to travel back and forth from the Bay Area and San Antonio, he has developed a few friendships through work (SouthWestern Bell/PacBell) and he's going to see if Alamo Music still has the guitar and if they do, purchase it and wait until I can pay him for it. Whoohoo! =) My first Taylor is sooooo close! I just pray that that 810BCE is still there!! GRW3 wrote that back in mid-october now so....yeah...it's getting pretty close.
Randall

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification