The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 08-05-2018, 01:09 AM

Default National duolian neck reset - recommendations

Hey everyone,
My 1936 Duolian is in need of a neck reset. The action is getting a bit too high at the 12th fret and I'm already pretty low on saddle height. Any lower and I'll probably lose decent volume.

Any recommendations as to where I can get this done? I live in Sacramento, CA. I'm willing to drive out somewhere withing a few hours if need be. I know Gryphons in Palo Alto is highly regarded, are there any others I should consider?

Thanks,
Morgan
Old 08-05-2018, 01:32 AM
Charter Member

Take it to National, I believe it’s in San Louis Obispo. I had them swap a neck on one of my guitars. Great work and reasonable prices. Marc Schoenberger is also a good one and he is on the west coast.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplucker View Post
Take it to National, I believe it’s in San Louis Obispo. I had them swap a neck on one of my guitars. Great work and reasonable prices. Marc Schoenberger is also a good one and he is on the west coast.
+1 National will do a great job for you!
Old 08-05-2018, 10:29 AM

That is a great option. Thank you!

I'd have to ship it. I've never shipped a guitar before, where do you even get those big boxes for them?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments