The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-01-2021, 11:58 PM
Charter Member

Alright - y’all got me researching everything, which wasn’t on my agenda, but since I have your attention - ;-)

Found these 2 pics - one shows the wires used in the ethercon connector that attaches to the T1 - the other shows the standards for POE, and it looks like the wires in the connector would indicate a Mode B set-up, using wires 4/5 and 7/8 -

So, before I try putting this together and potentially frying my T1, anyone got more thoughts or input? Electronics are NOT my specialty - all help appreciated ( now that I’ve gotten this far down this rabbit hole )

Old 03-04-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
So, get a large battery to store DC power, run it through some fancy electronics to make it look like 110vAC, in order to run it thru another inverter to convert it back to DC, to feed into the T1? Yeah - I’m hoping to eliminate a couple of those elements, and just using a small battery pack that feeds the DC directly - just need to figure out the wiring on the RJ45 connector and build a cable that’ll do it - If someone has that info, or knows who already makes one, that’d be very welcome. Otherwise, it just waits on the projects-to-do list -
Get a camping battery "generator" that has USB ports and a regular grounded socket. I should have thought about that when I found one for my sister that was under $100.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification