The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-01-2021, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

Default Acoustic Duo live stream band practice

My wife and I will occasionally live stream our band practices to Facebook as an easy way to check out our material and/or gear. If it comes out decent enough then we'll post it there for friends and fans. I wanted to hear how the new (to me) Froggy Bottom H-12 Deluxe sounded through our live stream setup so we recorded an hour's worth of band practice the other day.

A few folks here have asked for some videos of my Froggy Bottom in action so I'm just going to post this video here. It's band practice so there's warts and all but there's also different styles of play (pick, strumming, fingerstyle) so that's good. I'm going to post a song list below with time stamps so you don't have to watch the whole thing (or our inane between-songs banter!) to hear a particular song.

I do talk very briefly about the Frog in the beginning. As always, it's best listened to through a decent speaker or headphones.

Song list:

01:15 - Sister Golden Hair (America)
05:15 - Digging My Grave (A Star Is Born)
09:20 - My Immortal (Evanescence)
15:10 - Forever Young (Dylan)
19:35 - Breathe 6 AM (Anna Nalick)
26:10 - Wagon Wheel (Old Crow Medicine Show)
32:34 - Alone (Heart)
37:08 - Country Roads (John Denver)
40:54 - Dance Me To The End Of Love (Leonard Cohen)
45:05 - Finding Me (Original)
51:14 - The One That Got Away (The Civil Wars)
56:08 - I'll Always Remember Us This Way (A Star Is Born)

Old 03-01-2021, 12:13 PM

Methos-
Would you be kind enough to list your signal chain from the ETL mic onward? It sounds wonderfully organic and I would like to reproduce it.
Thanks very much.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:50 PM

Nice to see a Leonard Cohen song other than Hallelujah :-)

Sounds great and looked like you were having fun!
Old 03-01-2021, 07:00 PM

The Froggy sounds great Scott! You and your wife don't sound so bad either . Thanks for sharing.

Rick
Old 03-01-2021, 07:37 PM
Charter Member

Nice to see you both!

Nice job all around!

- Glenn
Old 03-01-2021, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Methos-
Would you be kind enough to list your signal chain from the ETL mic onward? It sounds wonderfully organic and I would like to reproduce it.
Thanks very much.
Sure! Pretty simple, the Edwina runs through an EAE StompMix X6 digital mixer that provides phantom power for the mic, EQ'd primarily for her voice (her channel) with a little reverb then out to an iRig Pro and straight into a MacBook Air laptop.

The performance was live streamed initially privately to 'Only Me' and then we downloaded that via the FBNET site and uploaded to YouTube so there's compression that happens there and degrades the signal somewhat. But over all we've been very happy with our live streaming tones.

It's been liberating and fun to just play and sing into a single microphone with no amplification. It's especially neat when we're in close and harmonizing. It's going to be weird to go back to two independent mics when we finally play out again!
Old 03-02-2021, 05:18 PM

This is awesome Scott!!! I came over here after seeing your other post in the forums. I had no idea this section existed. So cool.

Can't wait to actually meet you guys in person at some point. We are still deemed non-essential at the race track due to COVID but maybe by July we will be up in New Hampshire.

Keep up the great work. You guys look like you are really having fun.

Go B's!!
Old 03-02-2021, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
My wife and I will occasionally live stream our band practices to Facebook as an easy way to check out our material and/or gear. If it comes out decent enough then we'll post it there for friends and fans. I wanted to hear how the new (to me) Froggy Bottom H-12 Deluxe sounded through our live stream setup so we recorded an hour's worth of band practice the other day.

A few folks here have asked for some videos of my Froggy Bottom in action so I'm just going to post this video here. It's band practice so there's warts and all but there's also different styles of play (pick, strumming, fingerstyle) so that's good. I'm going to post a song list below with time stamps so you don't have to watch the whole thing (or our inane between-songs banter!) to hear a particular song.

I do talk very briefly about the Frog in the beginning. As always, it's best listened to through a decent speaker or headphones.

Song list:

01:15 - Sister Golden Hair (America)

05:15 - Digging My Grave (A Star Is Born)

09:20 - My Immortal (Evanescence)

15:10 - Forever Young (Dylan)

19:35 - Breathe 6 AM (Anna Nalick)

26:10 - Wagon Wheel (Old Crow Medicine Show)

32:34 - Alone (Heart)

37:08 - Country Roads (John Denver)

40:54 - Dance Me To The End Of Love (Leonard Cohen)

45:05 - Finding Me (Original)

51:14 - The One That Got Away (The Civil Wars)

56:08 - I'll Always Remember Us This Way (A Star Is Born)

Sounds great [emoji106]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell