The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-16-2012, 10:13 AM

Default Question Re Power Supply Pack For K&K Preamps

Being among the "electronically challenged," I would like to ask what might appear to be a dumb question. Since the cost of continually replacing 9 volt batteries is not cheap, on top of worrying about wether the one currently occupying space inside the preamp has enough juice left to get you through your gig, I was considering purchasing a Power Supply Pack for K&K Preamps:

My question is, from where does the Supply Pack itself get the power? I don't see where it plugs into anything. I'm thinking wall socket, but I see no plug-in. What am I missing here?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:28 PM

I am heartened to see that 9 people have viewed this post so far and no one has an answer yet. Hmmmmm, maybe I ain't as dumb as I look.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadcutter View Post
...I'm thinking wall socket, but I see no plug-in. What am I missing here?
Come on Wc...

Dieter will not sell you something that doesn't work. It plugs into a wall socket or multi-bar. Most of us just use batteries, which is why all the looks without answers.

I have had the Trinity Belt pack preamp for 7 years, and never used more than 2 batteries a year. I keep a spare with me, and can change it in 1 minute. It also gives you warning as the signal deteriorates.

For the sake of a clean stage and easy setup, I never use power supplies. I buy a 20 pack of 9 volt batteries from Sam's Club about once a year, and it's worth it to me to not have all the clutter and something else to account for, get-out hook-up and put-away.

But if you are determined to use it why would you care how it plugs in?

Dieter (and his person that answers the phone at K&K) have the answer if it's that critical.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 05-16-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Come on Wc...

Dieter will not sell you something that doesn't work. It plugs into a wall socket or multi-bar. Most of us just use batteries, which is why all the looks without answers.

I have had the Trinity Belt pack preamp for 7 years, and never used more than 2 batteries a year. I keep a spare with me, and can change it in 1 minute. It also gives you warning as the signal deteriorates.

For the sake of a clean stage and easy setup, I never use power supplies. I buy a 20 pack of 9 volt batteries from Sam's Club about once a year, and it's worth it to me to not have all the clutter and something else to account for, get-out hook-up and put-away.

But if you are determined to use it why would you care how it plugs in?

Dieter (and his person that answers the phone at K&K) have the answer if it's that critical.

Thanks Larry, See I told you I was "electronically challenged!"ha! I guess a couple of 9 volts a year ain't going to kill me and you're right, who needs more crap on stage. The less the better of course. And thanks for saving me 45 bucks!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification