The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-17-2019, 12:24 PM

Default Cordoba fret size?

I haven't had a chance to go into a guitar store and check out other examples of cordobas in person but

Has anyone else noticed that cordoba's tend to come with short (height wise) frets?

the model i have happens to be a flamenco model so idk- i know the action is lower than on a classical but maybe they also use shorter frets on flamenco guitars???

I then tried to find pictures and videos of cordoba's that would show the fret height and although its hard to be 100% sure through pictures and videos it seems like they all have relatively lower fret heights than usual or even a steel string. which is odd because I would think you would want nice tall frets on a nylon string guitar

Also as a side note they seem to be leveled but then left flat and never crowned.
[And just to be clear im talking about the height of the fret wire not the guitars action]

Last edited by LemonCats; 09-19-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:29 PM

My Cordobas have standard fret heights, nothing out of the ordinary.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical