The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-28-2021, 06:11 PM
Charter Member

Default Not going to be a NGD

Background: Bought an S-6 when I started playing 5-6 yrs ago. Took it in for a set up a year and a half later when I found out what a set up was. Luthier told me it had a belly bow and would only get worse and to only use light strings. Didn't like the sound of it with lights and sold it. Buyer wanted meds on it, even after I told him about the problem, so I restrung it and he came down and played it. He loved the sound and so did I, almost said not for sale, but let it go.

I have a D2H, a D-35 and an OM 40 R but need one to take out the woods to play. Have a clearing to park my trailer and I go out, sit on the trailer and play and sing without bothering anyone. Insects require bug spray and I know what that will do to guitar finishes. Occasionally a stray bear will venture by and I leave the guitar, tuners and books and slowly walk away. They really don't bother me and I don't bother them.

Monday, 7-26-21, saw an ad on reverb for an S-6 in mint condition with elecs, for under 400. Reputable store in Kentucky so I offered even less and to my surprise, they accepted. Received notice from Reverb on the 27 that shipping label had been created and they were waiting for pickup. Had shipping data from company that said expect delivery on Friday.

Surprise! Today received notice from store personnel that they were refunding my money since they couldn't find the guitar in storage and think that it may have been lost or stolen.

Funny how the mind works...thought that they may have received a better offer from someone else and sold it to them. To be fair, their store has a good rating and it must have been difficult for someone to have to tell me that the guitar was gone. Told them I would refrain from rating them based on this. There will be others but I'm in no hurry and have learned to be patient and, as they say, don't sweat the small stuff.

john

Last edited by jnidoh; 07-29-2021 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-28-2021, 06:17 PM

The Big Guy operates in unusual fashion. Something else will come along.
Gibson J200
Furch MC Yellow Gc-CR SPA
Guild G212
Eastman E2OM-CD
Old 07-28-2021, 09:48 PM
Charter Member

Hi John,

It sounds like you live in a great place! There will be other guitars.

- Glenn
Old 07-28-2021, 11:42 PM

John, I doubt that the store made up a tall tale about the guitar getting stolen or lost. The minimal additional profit margin they’d clear by selling to another buyer isn’t worth the hassle.

Another Seagull will come along. There are lots of them out there.

whm
Old 07-29-2021, 12:08 AM

You live with bears???!!!!
Old 07-29-2021, 05:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC. View Post
You live with bears???!!!!
Doesn't everybody live by bears?

Seagull S6's are really fine guitars. I stopped in a shop one day and played a bunch of higher end Taylors then picked up the most pleasing instrument of the day, a fine S6.
Old 07-29-2021, 05:10 AM

I bought an older S6 awhile back from a large store through Reverb for a good price. It was in very nice shape and the setup was perfect. There are plenty out there just be patient. Their Mini Jumbo is pretty sweet too.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:32 PM
Charter Member

Default Update

Received more info from the seller....they received the wrong guitar from the store (they have more then one store) and didn't cancel the order because they felt they could return the wrong one and get the Seagull and still make the shipment. Unfortunately the S-6 couldn't be located and is presumed lost or stolen.

BB, Glenn, Emt, understand what you are saying and I often feel that things happen for a reason.

WHM, though it passed through my mind, like you, I didn't really consider that since they are reputable sellers and the few dollars gained wouldn't be worth it.

JC (as Offkey says, doesn't everybody?), bears and my wife and I co-exist. These aren't the man eating brown bears. The black bears around here usually get off the road and go into the woods when we meet but there is one around 350-400 lbs that doesn't get off the road, so I do.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnidoh View Post
The black bears around here usually get off the road and go into the woods when we meet but there is one around 350-400 lbs that doesn't get off the road, so I do.
If the bear won't back down, you should. Advice to live by.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion