The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-28-2021, 03:56 AM

Default Another question for Lag guitarists

Just got a Lag guitar and having problems turning on the effects. When I go to the effects screen and choose an effect, say reverb, the block is lit but nothing happens. But I notice in the lower right corner the block for the off position stays lit. Is there something I am missing on how to turn the effects on?
Old 07-28-2021, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

I suppose this is asking the obvious, but is the volume knob turned all the way up? There is a volume indicator on the right side of the panel. Does it show it being turned up?

Can you get the USB speaker function to work, or the tuner? If not, might be something wrong with the electronics.

You might also check the system gain in the System menu. Mine is set to 42. I was told by HyVibe that the correct system gain is found by going into the System menu where it shows the gain setting and Lvl In. Turn the volume knob to set the gain so you get a Lvl In of -3 to -6 when strumming hard. For me that ended up at 42.

Last edited by KevinH; 07-28-2021 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
I suppose this is asking the obvious, but is the volume knob turned all the way up? There is a volume indicator on the right side of the panel. Does it show it being turned up?

Can you get the USB speaker function to work, or the tuner? If not, might be something wrong with the electronics.

You might also check the system gain in the System menu. Mine is set to 42. I was told by HyVibe that the correct system gain is found by going into the System menu where it shows the gain setting and Lvl In. Turn the volume knob to set the gain so you get a Lvl In of -3 to -6 when strumming hard. For me that ended up at 42.
yes the volume knob is up and still nothing.
Old 07-28-2021, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestubbyone View Post
yes the volume knob is up and still nothing.
If you go into the System menu where it shows Lvl in, do the numbers change when you strum the guitar?
Old 08-01-2021, 01:17 AM

Default update

I contacted Hy Vibe directly and seems there was a problem with the sensor under the bridge. I returned the guitar. Darned! I really wanted one of those. The Looper function was really cool....

I was going to go with the Yamaha TA but I guess I will wait for when Lag has more guitars available.
Old 08-01-2021, 06:52 AM

Sorry to hear, that’s disappointing. Seems like they could have sent a replacement part.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestubbyone View Post
I contacted Hy Vibe directly and seems there was a problem with the sensor under the bridge. I returned the guitar. Darned! I really wanted one of those. The Looper function was really cool....

I was going to go with the Yamaha TA but I guess I will wait for when Lag has more guitars available.
Or, if you're anywhere near an installer, you could install the HyVibe system in pretty much any guitar you choose.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion