The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-01-2019, 04:26 AM

Default Logic Pro X Midi - Map C3 note to a kick-drum

Hi,
are there any Logic Pro X users here? I need help with something...

I just got myself a Roland SPD::ONE KICK stomp pedal. Besides using the built-in sound I would also like to use it as a MIDI box triggering a drum sound in Logic Pro X when recording. However, the SPD::ONE sends the C3 note which means I will get the hi-hat in Logic. How do I change this?

Thanks in advance!
Per
Old 08-01-2019, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Burström View Post
Hi,
are there any Logic Pro X users here? I need help with something...

I just got myself a Roland SPD::ONE KICK stomp pedal. Besides using the built-in sound I would also like to use it as a MIDI box triggering a drum sound in Logic Pro X when recording. However, the SPD::ONE sends the C3 note which means I will get the hi-hat in Logic. How do I change this?

Thanks in advance!
Per
I don't use logic BUT in general first What actual Drum instrument (plugin) in Logic are you using (such that C3 is an HH sound ?) I am guessing the people replying will have to know that, to be able to know if there is a Midi re-mapping feature accessible from the GUI of that instrument.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 08-02-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
I don't use logic BUT in general first What actual Drum instrument (plugin) in Logic are you using (such that C3 is an HH sound ?) I am guessing the people replying will have to know that, to be able to know if there is a Midi re-mapping feature accessible from the GUI of that instrument.
Thanks for your feedback! I use EZdrummer 2, and it doesn't allow you to define your own MIDI-maps.

I'm pretty sure there are mapping features within Logic Pro X I could use, but I have played a little with a feature of Logic Pro I might be able to use (verified it works). You can define your own JavaScript code as a MIDI-FX insert effect, and I simply added code to grab whatever MIDI note that comes in, extract the velocity value from it, and then send the C1 (note 36, for the kick drum) instead. Pretty cool that this is possible!

/Per
Old 08-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback! I use EZdrummer 2, and it doesn't allow you to define your own MIDI-maps.

I'm pretty sure there are mapping features within Logic Pro X I could use, but I have played a little with a feature of Logic Pro I might be able to use (verified it works). You can define your own JavaScript code as a MIDI-FX insert effect, and I simply added code to grab whatever MIDI note that comes in, extract the velocity value from it, and then send the C1 (note 36, for the kick drum) instead. Pretty cool that this is possible!

/Per
Great that you got it figured out . I don't use EZ drum I use Slate Drums or Slave Reason to PT both of which have key remapping features

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 08-03-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:

/Per
Well done for getting that working. I had a similar issue whereby I was using the Logic Drummer to "drive" the EZdrummer2 sounds.
There seemed to be a problem with my hi-hats and I tried the same thing with a home made MIDI-FX based on a short JavaScript file.
I was amazed you could actually make your own midi-effect using JavaScript.
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Special
Yamaha BB414 Bass

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Tags
logic pro x, midi, stomp