The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-20-2019, 05:44 AM

Default U2 One Tree Hill RAAD strings

Hi everyone. I play in a U2 revival band and we'd like to add One Tree Hill to our repertoire. Great song from The Joshua Tree. We need to create a few samples to play from the PA because there's more than just one guitar and also there's a strings part in the bridge. It goes from 2:36 - 3:06. We'd like to make that sample, we already have the part down but found only some traditional orchestral strings sounds in the free Native Instruments Kontakt sample library.
Of course I'm not trying to ask how should I exactly get the original sound but perhaps you will have a few tips how to come close. Is it even possible to get a similar sound with just filtering the orchestral string sound and/or mixing it with other instruments? Or can you think of some other strings sample library which would be a good starting point?

P.S. There's even this interesting bit of information on Wikipedia that the strings were recorded in an Ontario studio by a group of musicians who "used sophisticated 'electro-acoustic' string instruments they developed called Raads to record a piece created for the song".

Thanks for your suggestions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqKugPDXliM

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD