The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 09-17-2019, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

Hi Doug,

I hate to miss a day, and a weekly lesson keeps me motivated to practice even if I'm not "feeling it" (which is rare). So my days off are not planned, and amount to no more than once every month or two, unless I'm traveling.

On the other hand, I do take longer breaks. I don't take a guitar on vacations, so at least twice a year my hands and my wife's ears get a break I'm not good enough to notice any appreciable difference when I get back!

Glad to see you are back on sound cloud, keep it coming.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:00 PM

I would love the luxury of having the option of taking a guitar sabbath in the sense that I make a conscious decision to not play at all on a certain day.

Alas, I've got a demanding day job and an 18-month old running around the house, so I take any opportunity to play, because usually it doesn't amount to much more than a 15-30 minutes a day, if that.

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Recording King Dirty 30s RPS-9 TS
Taylor GS Mini
Baton Rouge 12-string guitar
Martin L1XR Little Martin
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro
Old 09-17-2019, 03:14 PM
Charter Member

When I used to play three sets a night I'd take almost a week off. My fretting hand would be shredded and my interest would wane.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write