The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-02-2021, 12:43 AM
Charter Member

I gave up on Velcro some time ago. I now use 3M Dual-Lock to secure pedals to my board. It provides a far stronger ‘grip’ than Velcro and, in the kind of circumstances the OP refers to - where either permanent feet or a deep rim on the underside of the pedal prevent good contact between the pedal and the board - the Dual-Lock on the pedal can be ‘doubled-up’ to give a greater thickness. I had to use this technique with my Source-Audio Programmable EQ pedal, which has a deep rim.

Since I found evidence at a summer garden-party gig that someone had possibly attempted to steal a pedal from my board, I also use cable-ties - not because the pedals aren’t secure enough for normal use using the Dual-Lock, they surely are, but just to put an extra obstacle in the way of would-be opportunist thieves.

The usual disclaimers apply......IMHO, YMMV etc.

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)

Last edited by JayBee1404; 05-02-2021 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Here is ONE Big question however. It's trivial, but it matters. The Plat pro EQ has small raised feet on each corner that are not removable. They are raised corners on the bottom of the EQ pedal. I cut and shaped four pieces of Velcro and mounted it to my PT-Jr and it fits great.

But after the first gig, when I got home and opened my pedal board case, the Velcro had already come loose from these narrow feet in the bottom of the EQ.
SO. ....HOW can I mount this reliably as I gig very often and it will be loaded and unloaded regularly. Hmmm.
Use dual lock instead of velcro, it handles the extra weight of bigger heavier pedals better...

https://www.amazon.com/Dual-Reclosab...a-774142944186

On my pedal board, with it's wood platform, I cut four holes in it that the feet of my volume pedal would fit into. Then I just used dual lock to attach the pedal to the board.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification