The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-15-2014, 07:40 PM

Cool What Warranty Woes Have you had?

Bought a Recording King RP06 a few months ago, really love playing that guy. Been staying home since November due to a knee problem. Decided to take the RK out to a jam a couple weeks ago and when it hit the outside air the finish clouded up like a nitro finish with moisture in it. Sent pictures to RK and shipped it back to them per their instructions. They are sending me a replacement hope to see it soon. Only warranty issue I have ever had with a guitar.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:09 PM

Had to get a brace re-glued on a Gibson J45 that I bought several years ago, and that was covered under the warranty, and repaired locally, with Gibson covering the fee. And they had installed the wrong pickup at the factory, and had to ship a new one. That was a little irritating, as they had not kept a record of which pickup was installed in the first place, and couldn't tell me what I had (I couldn't see a brand name label on the inside), and had to take my word for it that the pickup was incorrect, and not the one that was advertised as coming with the guitar. I had to pay for the installation of the new pickup, but Gibson later covered that, as well. So everything turned out fine.

That's about it. No other issues with any other guitars.

... JT
Old 06-15-2014, 10:34 PM

Abyssmal failure on all counts of C F Martin Corp. Substandard in all respects. post 1986. Clueless.

Actual, documented, original, E-mails on request.. makes for a soap opera. I have dozens and dozens.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:58 PM
Guest 728

I had a fret buzz issue on a Martin 00016 I used to own. The local Martin tech did the job and billed Martin for the cost. A flawless transaction in all respects.

I also had a Godin electric whose fretboard wasn't glued to the neck from the 15th fret to the 22nd. The shop I bought it from shipped it back to Canada, and Godin replaced the entire neck (bolt-on) and had it back in my hands 15 days later.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion