The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 11-16-2020, 08:18 AM

Default Tammy's Lessons

Apologies if this has been discussed before - I searched and did not find a thread.

I recently found Tammy's Lessons on JustinGuitar.com and these have been perfect for me. I'm probably at that beginner/intermediate stage and I frankly have been too lazy in the past to properly learn my barre chords and how these fit into I, IV, V structure. I am four lessons in and feel like my guitar world has expanded considerably. HIGHLY recommended for those who aren't rank beginners but need to go back and solidify some basics.

I've always enjoyed Justin's site and have bought 3 of his songooks which are fantastic as well. But this one on one format, for FREE, is something really special. I mean, hour long FREE lessons from Justin Sandercoe, how cool is that?
Old 11-16-2020, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

Yeah - wish they were able to continue. I thought they'd do a Zoom thing eventually. Too bad, they are surprisingly helpful. The Captain's Privates is also a nice series.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:48 AM

Thanks! A cool thing I didn’t know about!

Also, as an aside, I think Justin Sandercoe should get some sort of MacArthur Foundation all-around-good-guy-who’s-making-the-world-a-better-place award.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:41 AM

Thanks for bringing my attention to this. I have been a huge Justin fan for years and was unaware of this new program.

I agree. Justin needs to be knighted by the Queen very soon. He's a gem.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtsteve View Post
Apologies if this has been discussed before - I searched and did not find a thread.
Hi emtsteve

When you are posting to a forum which is a DISCUSSION forum not a Guitar-A-Pedia, which has over 3 million 200 thousand posts in the General Discussion section alone, everything guitar related (except deaths of popular players within the last hour) has probably been mentioned. And you have almost 600 posts to your credit as well.

It doesn't matter. You don't need to pre-search for topics first to see if they've been discussed. Please, just jump in!!

Even if Tammy's Lessons was mentioned 10 times a week, it's still a post you can make and allow people to respond to and have a discussion about.

As to your point, it's awesome that there are still FREE lessons out-there. Especially systematic, and well done ones. And it sounds like they are really helping and resonating with you…and you are growing!! I bet others need/want to hear that too.

Thanks for sharing about the lessons…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 11-16-2020, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi emtsteve

When you are posting to a forum which is a DISCUSSION forum not a Guitar-A-Pedia, which has over 3 million 200 thousand posts in the General Discussion section alone, everything guitar related (except deaths of popular players within the last hour) has probably been mentioned. And you have almost 600 posts to your credit as well.

It doesn't matter. You don't need to pre-search for topics first to see if they've been discussed. Please, just jump in!!

Even if Tammy's Lessons was mentioned 10 times a week, it's still a post you can make and allow people to respond to and have a discussion about.

As to your point, it's awesome that there are still FREE lessons out-there. Especially systematic, and well done ones. And it sounds like they are really helping and resonating with you…and you are growing!! I bet others need/want to hear that too.

Thanks for sharing about the lessons…

Thanks ljguitar. I’ve learned so much here, and so much more to learn on my guitar journey.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write